ordering from amazon
Sep 12, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've ordered from amazon like maybe 40-50 times and still continue to order through them. My experience has been very positive. Never had an issue. Now I'm talking amazon.com. If you're talking amazon marketplace then you need to research the vendor's reputation before ordering.

I have ordered from Amazon probably 300+ items over the years - everything from plumbing fixtures to cookware to a high-end HD video camera costing $4,000+. I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a problem with them - anything that wasn't right they fixed. I have never received something used being represented as new or anything damaged in transit. If I have returned something because it wasn't right or what I expected, they have always refunded my purchase and never refused a return.

The thing to remember is that they make their money in transaction volume and there have been times when something has been 20-30% cheaper a month or two after I bought it. If items don't sell at an expected rate they start adjusting their margin to make sure it sells before it is outdated or stale and sometimes if it becomes popular, the price can go up. So it can be a matter of timing to get a good price which frustrates people to no end, but that's what it takes for them to be profitable.....

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #47 of 60
I've ordered from amazon.com and amazon.co.jp without any problems.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #49 of 60
I'm gonna try and get a pair of HD650s off them next time they drop in price. I've only made 1 purchase from them and that was of 2 HDDVDs. Delivery only took about a week which is pretty good considering I chose standard shipping and this was all the way to Australia.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #50 of 60
Amazon is reliable and very efficient, or they wouln't have survived..I have had no issues with them...I think it is a rare and unfortunate occurence for one to be disappointed with their service

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:09 AM Post #51 of 60
If you want to be notified of price fluctuations put things you may want to buy in your shopping cart. Every time you check your cart (or is it when you add something?) Amazon will notify you of any price changes of items already in your cart.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #52 of 60
I ordered some apparels from them. I would said their service are fast & efficient.

No disappointment at all. I would strongly recommend them.

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #53 of 60
Wae5,

I'm surprised they even keep you as a customer!
280smile.gif
With all those returns, they are losing a ton of money. If you've had all those issues with products from them, why do you still use them?

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #54 of 60
Just figured I'd add to the love.

Amazon is like my online Target- I probably order something from Amazon 1 or 2x a week (I have 5 pages of order history-50 or 60 transactions- for 2007 alone). We have prime and get free 2 day shipping, $3.99 overnight shipping, and $3.99 /$4.99 Saturday delivery on anything directly sold by Amazon. Not only do they carry everything imaginable, but they are often within a few dollars of the best price shipped. I have never had an issue with purchasing directly from Amazon- along with NewEgg, one of the top 5 or 10 companies I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

I have had a few issues with 3rd party sellers, however most are pretty good. Despite an understandable waiting period for dealing with 3rd party issues, Amazon has always taken care of me.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 60
I find it's the place to go to for snagging out of print CDs heck 95%% of my orders are done via amazon marketplace however wating a week and a half for parcels does suck.

Apparently amazon just went through a redesign (didn't look like this yesterday)

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by cutun1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i intend to buy some ksc75 for my friends. is Amazon good place to buy? or can you recommend any shop in San jose or any site that offer good deal for that koss?

from personal experience I thought that the KSC75 was utter s*** but $7.89 at amazon sounds like a song

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wae5,

I'm surprised they even keep you as a customer!
280smile.gif
With all those returns, they are losing a ton of money. If you've had all those issues with products from them, why do you still use them?

Actually the opposite is true. I returned 5 purchases in '07 and 3 were defective returns.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #60 of 60
Amazon is such a great company. I order from them all the time. I see no point of shopping anywhere else because amazon has the best customer service and supply of.... well everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back