Ordered Woody Darth Beyers! (DT770-80s)
Aug 20, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 23
May sound like a silly question to some of you but how much to change the 770s into dath beyers roughly speaking, whats the minimum price for the mod. And do you think the modders would be willing to ship to UK or is it US people only due to excessive shipping charges?

EDIT: please ignore found pricing now

Aug 20, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #17 of 23
Wow pretty outstanding. Everything looks great. I've yet to hear a headphone even close to this quality so I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Thanks for the advice Carlos, that is good to know. I will definitely mess around with that when they arrive.

Aug 20, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 23
Hi Intermezzo. Expect a bad sound with the darth beyers at first. They need like 4 days of non stop break in to start sounding good. And probably the bass will be too much for you XDXDXD. These cans don't have finesse, so don't expect any.

Aug 20, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #19 of 23
I use DT770Pro80's every day and love them. Can anyone comment on how the Darth Beyers will be different? I assume it will be somewhat subtle differences, since it's the same can, just highly modded.

Aug 21, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #20 of 23
Good to know, thanks again Carlos. I was looking for a really bass heavy headphone so no worries there.
basshead.gif

Skylab: Of course I can't speak from experience but as far as I know and according to Larry the result is "Deeper airier bass with more mids and taming of the high end by the time I am done converting them" (Headphile.com).

Search here on head-fi for more info... There are plenty of excellent posts containing reviews and first impressions etc...

Aug 21, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 23
THAT'S NO MOON!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Darth_Beyers_Left_Cup_straight.jpg

Look at the size of that thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back