Ordered Woody Darth Beyers! (DT770-80s)
Aug 19, 2005 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

intermezzo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've finally made my decision and went ahead and placed an order for a new pair of Woody Darth Beyers (Bloodwood w/ Blackmax recable) from Larry over at headphile.com.

FYI: he just got a bunch of them in stock and they are ready for modding ($165 /ea. + mods, which, incidentally, I think is an excellent price). Check it out if you are interested.

P.S. thanks again for all of the advice.

Aug 19, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 23
hello there fellow canadian! congrats on your purchase. wish i could afford headphones like those. especially darth beyers.

Aug 19, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 23
Hmmm, now that I think about it, it is an awesome deal.
eek.gif
I have to get me one of those in the future. Uberbasshead cans with tamed mids... hmmmm.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by intermezzo
Hey guys,

So I've finally made my decision and went ahead and placed an order for a new pair of Woody Darth Beyers (Bloodwood w/ Blackmax recable) from Larry over at headphile.com.

FYI: he just got a bunch of them in stock and they are ready for modding ($165 /ea. + mods, which, incidentally, I think is an excellent price). Check it out if you are interested.

You will not be disappointed. Larry's headphone worksmanship is unparalleled.

What wood did you choose? Paduak seems to go well with the Darths!

Aug 20, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 23
Umm I went with the Bloodwood... It's similar to the Paduak but the colour is a little bit more red/richer.

I didn't go with the screen option simply because I still want them to be somewhat closed/noise canceling.

I'll certainly post a review when I get them (probably in a few weeks).
280smile.gif

Aug 20, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 23
I think you'll love the Bloodwood. That's what I chose for my HP3000s and they are drop dead gorgeous. You will not be disappointed.

Aug 20, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 23
Bloodwood is really beautiful. Congratulations for your new headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif
. Here you have some photos to help in your wait (Bloodwood Darth beyers):

20984755_87bddf9136_o.jpg

20984748_a0f61542de_o.jpg

20984715_c874dd62ed_b.jpg

Darth Beyers are fun, fun, fun. And they respond very well to equalization if you find them too much "wild". I find myself frequently tuning the bass down, there is so much of it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Upping the mids make hard-hitting cans for rock too. I'm playing with something like that right now in my behringer DEQ (with a negative gain offset), but possibilities are infinite:

35549958_d8318a5523_o.jpg

I don't like equalization with other cans, but the darth beyers are really responsive to it
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: And I like the silver pads too!

Aug 20, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by intermezzo
Hey guys,

Yeah, I jumped on that train yesterday too. Ordered them closed, in Paduak. I love the stock DT770's so much, I cannot WAIT to get these! Really looking forward to it!

Aug 20, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 23
He sold em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back