Ordered 16gb D2, so what iem's to go with these?
Jun 14, 2008 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

X-Nemesis

Head-Fier
Waiting for D2 to arrive, but have no clue what iem's to consider. I'm in Canada so that certainly limits my options and I do not want to spend $200+ for iem's. Any recommendations?
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 11
How much do you want to spend and what kind of music do you listen to?

Living in Canada doesn't limit your options if you're buying online, particular from the sales forums on this site. Buying new, especially from brick and mortar stores, is a fine way to spend more money than you have to.

Jun 14, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 11
ER-4Ps are the best IEMs I've heard for under $200 easily, though I'm itching to try Q-Jays.

I imagine either would work well with the D2 given its diverse EQ choices.

Jun 14, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 11
There is something magical about Shure IEMs with the D2. I loved my Etymotic ER-6is, BUT they were cold and analytical. Imagine putting cold analytical IEMs with the D2, which is tends to the cold and analytical side itself. Not a pretty picture and SQ will be very disappointing. I have not heard the ER-4P or ER-4S, but if they have the classic Ety sound signature, I think you will be disappointed mating them with the D2.

The UE SF5 was on my short list of IEMs and is worthy of consideration. Another idea is to try high end ear buds. I have the Yuin PK3s ($49)which are very fun with the D2 and Classic Rock. I just purchased a pair of Yuin PK2s ($79) and just finished listening to part of the Brandenberg Concertos. Frankly, I'm always blown away by the amazing SQ that comes from these little ear buds. The Yuins mate with the D2 very well indeed. Try Head-Direct.com if interested in the Yuin lineup.

Enjoy the new D2 when it arrives!

Jun 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 11
X3 on the UE SF5 pros

Or consider the best Shure model that your price can afford.

I use the Shure E500's and it's awesome with the D2.

My friend let me try his Shure SE210's and they sounded good too, although it was in a gym environment.

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 11
Future Sonics Atrio m5, they have the deepest bass you'll ever find. Beat the crap out of my SF 5 pros in all other areas, to the point where I don't even use the SF5-pros anymore. I got them brand new for cheaper than I did for new SF 5 pros. Works beautifully with my D2 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back