[ORDER NOW] The Headphone Mook Inaugural English Edition - Your Ultimate Headphone Guidebook
Mar 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jaben

Member of the Trade: Jaben.Crossroads
Greetings everyone,

Here we are, introducing the most popular headphone magazine in Japan - The Headphone Mook Inaugural English Edition brings you the insight details of all the popular models in 2011 ~ 2012.

(Mook: Magazine + Book)

Featuring:
  1. A panel of well-known Japanese reviewers, headphone designers and users sharing their favorite audio equipment with you in “The Headphone Awards 2011 – 2012” section.
  2. In-depth reviews of 93 new headphones and earphones.
  3. Insight stories about your favorite brands, their innovation and development.
  4. Maaya Sakamoto talks about her Fitear Custom IEMs.
  5. Audio Technica 50th Anniversary story.
  6. Product development and review articles about Final Audio Design, Sony, Shure, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser and more…
  7. Audiophiles sharing their desktop systems.
  8. Founder of Suyama Laboratory talks about ear care.
  9. Over 30 headphone amplifiers reviewed by audiophiles and professionals.
  10. Japanese headphone history.
  11. A gallery of vintage Japanese headphones.

The Headphone Mook Inaugural English Edition is now available on Jaben Online Store (shipping start 5th March): http://jaben.net/shopping2/The-Mook-Inaugural.html

Order with Hippo Box+ with free shipping (shipping start 5th March): http://jaben.net/shopping2/The-Mook-Inaugural-BoxPlus.html

Order with Special Edition The Mook Amp with free shipping (shipping start 30th March): http://jaben.net/shopping2/The-Mook-Inaugural-MookAmp.html

Contact info@themookcompany.com or onlinesales@jaben.net for more assistance :)

The Headphone Mook Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHeadphoneMook

- The Jaben Team

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 10
Personally I don't see the point in this. Basically you're asking us to pay for information about headphones we can find ourselves on the internet, most of which is within these forums.

Perhaps useful to someone who doesn't know what Google is...

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
Personally I don't see the point in this. Basically you're asking us to pay for information about headphones we can find ourselves on the internet, most of which is within these forums.

Well it's the same rationale of any magazine (though from the current struggling state of print more people probably think like you). The value is supposedly in the writing personality/quality and the trust (if you actually trust their opinions) you may feel in the reviewers.

Personally, I don't read magazines but just floating the idea out there for you.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

Well it's the same rationale of any magazine (though from the current struggling state of print more people probably think like you). The value is supposedly in the writing personality/quality and the trust (if you actually trust their opinions) you may feel in the reviewers.

Personally, I don't read magazines but just floating the idea out there for you.

Years ago, this would've been a great idea. Finding information about vintage headphones, for example, is nearly impossible even with the internet. I still like the idea of a magazine devoted singularly to headphones, but in this day and age its usefulness is limited. 

Though, you do have a point regarding writers and reviewers.

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Interesting magazine.
Will be getting it.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm getting the magazine for the same reason I get car magazines. It's Easy to find anything online but having something in hand on print will always be more special. If its not for you then don't buy it. But those that do are gonna love it because its exactly what they(I) was looking for

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Couldn't disagree with you more. I received my order late last week and I'm very happy I decided to go with this purchase. I got the magazine package that came with the little (tiny) Hippo box+ for $45. The Headphone Mook mag is beautiful and filled with tons of great information and opinions on a lot of different headphones. Yes Google is always your friend but there still is nothing like having a well laid out magazine. Call me old fashion but to me this is still a much needed form of media so I do not regret my purchase and plan on getting next years edition.

Now for the added bonus of the hippo box+. This little guy is awesome!! I'm using it right now with my HP laptop that needs a lot of help with the volume and bottom end and this little guys does the trick! Now primarily I use the e17 for most casual listening and my e09k/e17 combo for the heavy lifting (primary cans are Denon D5k & HE-400's) but for my iPhone 5 which also needs some help I think I'm going to start using the hippo box+ to make model listening a lot more enjoyable. In all honesty I had no intention of keeping the Hippo Box+ but made the mistake of listening to it and I'm not letting this little guy go anytime soon. The warmth of the little HB+ is exactly the sound that I have come to enjoy and it makes me curious how higher end models like the Hippo Cricri+ Portable Headphone AMP/DAC could compete with the likes of Fiio... 

So in closing, The Headphone Mook is a beautiful magazine that will give me plenty of hours of reading enjoyment and will make a great center piece when I finish my office/man cave in the near future. Here are some quick pics I took with my iPhone 5. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 10
I agree with DemonFox, and just placed my order. There are times when I like to read in other media than online. The availability of a package deal with a couple amps is an intriguing bonus. I confess my addiction - I get and read all I can about headphones and such (DAC's, amps, etc.), and I am interested in a perspective originating in Japan but written in English.

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #10 of 10
Was this magazine a one off project? I don't see any other issues besides this one. If there were a bi-monthly magazine that included reviews from head-fi'ers, beautiful professional photos and exclusive coverage of head-fi meets and events, would you guys subscribe? Not just in the paper format, but what if it was also avail as a digital emag ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back