OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Oct 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #242 of 1,240
Some nice looking color options.  I think I'd still prefer the black, but white looks pretty sweet as well.

Oh my god. If they made a deep purple I would have a heart attack and die :wink:. I do like the red and black, and am having trouble resisting buying this. Must not buy portable audio equipment, it always disappoints me and the environment is too loud :p.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #243 of 1,240
I'd probably just get the black version though the white is kind of nice as well. Not a big fan of the other colors though.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #244 of 1,240
Black and White =
smile.gif

Red, Blue & Green =
confused.gif

Got nothing against colored headphones, but these color choices are all wrong for this caliber of headphone.

OPPO should have gone with some much more subdued color options.

Just my $0.02.

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #246 of 1,240
I'm not looking for these colors for my headphones. But I'm willing to bet certain segments and demographics are. Very, very smart for Oppo to offer these choices, I bet.

Oct 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #250 of 1,240
Oh my god. If they made a deep purple I would have a heart attack and die
wink.gif
. I do like the red and black, and am having trouble resisting buying this. Must not buy portable audio equipment, it always disappoints me and the environment is too loud
tongue.gif

I'm not into primary colors, personally.  

Putting your heart at risk, here are some teal blue and purple mockups.  
tongue.gif

1b1c4eeb_Teal_Blue_and_Purple_PM-3s_with_black_pads.jpeg

Mike

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #252 of 1,240
Here's what I'm thinking...

Mike

+1 i like this better. i can see the black pads looking nicer for all styles but white. honestly though i really liked the prototype look that was similar to the pm1/pm2.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #254 of 1,240
Looks cheap. Fail.

I can see certain colors being appealing for certain demographics, but I do agree that they should have one version that looks similar to the "PM-1/PM-2 more high end look" for audiophiles with picky eyes. that kinda styling looks much more high-end and more in line of what kind of product I hope it to be. edit: I guess the black version will be in line with the prototype.

Interesting to note on closer examination it seems like the finish of the earcups feature brushed metal look even on the colored versions (can note it with the white).

Color options appeal to the fashion demographics and younger crowd. However, they might also give the false sense of lesser quality to people around here as most fashion-oriented headphones sacrifice on sound. I think it would be wise not to judge a headphones based on its looks.

My main complaint though is that it seems like the headband got even thinner than the previous prototypes, which doesn't bode well for comfort. In regards to looks, I am actually mostly apathetic. lol. I will probably go for the black or white ones. Hoping for features like replaceable earpads (especially a velour option).

edit: I think the purple version would be more popular than the green version. A purple or pink color version targeted for females might gather interest. I think black/white/blue/red are good options. Don't really see the appeal of green. It might be nice to add some sort of secondary accent color for the color models outside of white.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #255 of 1,240
I don't think they're targeting audiophiles as much as they are youth and females. This looks like a young, fun headphone for the under-25 crowd with money and a taste for portable audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back