oppo pm3 replacement cable
Jun 27, 2015 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
hi, i live in the Uk and want to source a replacement cable as the oppo ones supplied are either too short or too long - the only ones i can find that are reasonably priced are the dyson (USA - which would cost too much in duty etc.) or some chinese ones (ebay) which are very cheap.

Anyone have knowledge of a cable that is reasonably priced (compared the headphone) and available in the Uk or EU or is excellent and cheap and comes under the customs limit which i believe is £18.

If anyone fancies making me one that would be good too - i have a fiio rc-mh1 fopr my nad hp50 but the headphone connector is too wide to fit - it needs a slim connector.

thanks

david

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 17
I'm looking for exactly same thing myself. So that's two of us in the UK wanting same thing (not quite enough for Massdrop yet then
wink_face.gif
)

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 17
I'm too interested into some reasonable priced cable replacement, found just this cheap silver plated cable recommended in the Australian tour thread:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281199686467?euid=ca5f55e18cac42ca850117b998caf4f8&cp=1

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #10 of 17
I use a fisual s flex mini 3.5mm cable for both my Oppo PM3 and NAD Viso HP50. These are available from Amazon UK. I consider it an upgrade for the NAD (from those supplied) and about the same for the Oppo. They can be bought in varying lengths including extension cables (again I personally hear no SQ reduction with the extension.) Here is the link:-

ww.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VNLTC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1443035431&sr=8-8&keywords=fisual+cable

Of course with Amazon if it's not up to the job you can send them back within 30 days.

Feb 16, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 17
Just to close the loop Furutech is fine, silver plated shielded cable I serie.Provided With double step jack which allow the passage within the reduced socket of oppo. Under sonic quality point of view it was exactly the improvement I was looking fo bexousr with short stock cable it sounding too metallic in middle upper frequencies

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #14 of 17
I am also looking for a upgrade/replacement cable for the PM-3. The tricky part is the connector at the headphone end I think, where most standard 3.5mm plugs just won't fit (not sure what Oppo was thinking while designing this detail).

I was looking for the Vertere Pulse D-Fi cable. I use their Pulse-X mini loudspeaker cables, which are very musical and sound lively. Precisely the sort of traits the PM-3 could benefit from I believe. But looking at their plugs, no way they will fit I'm afraid. 
https://vertereacoustics.com/product/analogue-cable/pulse-d-fi-headphone-cable/

So I would like to hear alternatives with similar traits. Or, is there a way the Vertere could made work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back