Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Sep 10, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #4,654 of 6,302
New to the forum, really interested in these headphones. Does anybody know where I could find a pair in white for sale in the US? I've tried all the online sites I can think of any the only place I found them was on eBay from Hong Kong which I don't trust. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #4,655 of 6,302
  New to the forum, really interested in these headphones. Does anybody know where I could find a pair in white for sale in the US? I've tried all the online sites I can think of any the only place I found them was on eBay from Hong Kong which I don't trust. 

Welcome to the forum. You can buy them direct from Oppo at oppodigital.com and they have great customer service as well.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #4,659 of 6,302
 Replacement earpads on Amazon, says work on all models of Oppo https://www.amazon.co.uk/NSEN-Replacement-Lambskin-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B01HRT4FMU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472627274&sr=8-3&keywords=oppo+pm%3D2

Interesting. Narrower opening like on the PM-1 and PM2. I wonder if narrower openings will mean more bass on the PM-3 perhaps.

How is the bass on these compared to say Denon AH-D600?

No comparison. The highs are actually quite similar, no obvious peaks but overall a little too bright. Both have good mids, the Oppo is better there. Bass difference is huge in my opinion, the Denon have a little too much for even a 'bass-head' like me. It's amazing for a few minutes but just overwhelms eventually. Oppo bass is fast, and tight, just not quite enough for me, especially lower subs.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #4,662 of 6,302
Just received my pm-3s last week... Is anyone else getting really sore ears?
I think the pads are a bit too small so my ears are terribly sore after 15 minutes. By the looks of it Oppo have no immediate plans to offer a remedy so there arent any options but selling them - which would suck because I really like them.

Also, i bought a ha-2 expecting a big difference over just running it through my lg v-10 phone (which also has a DAC) but its pretty much the same as far as I can tell. Could I be doing something wrong or were my expectations just too high?

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #4,664 of 6,302
  Thanks everyone for the welcome!

One other question: Do you guys recommend or know about any third-party cables that's compatible with the PM-3s? I contacted Oppo's customer service about getting an additional 3m cable, but then don't sell it. So I'm looking for another one. Looks like it needs to be very slim...

Cheers!

- e.

I just ordered a custom version of their PM-3 Cardas cable..     https://www.dysonaudio.com  
I sent them a question from their web page form and got a response within 5 minutes. Maybe I got lucky as it is a one man operation. They also have a universal silver cable that has to have different plugs to use with the PM-3 that might be an interesting addition to the cable collection.

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #4,665 of 6,302
I just ordered a custom version of their PM-3 Cardas cable..     https://www.dysonaudio.com  
I sent them a question from their web page form and got a response within 5 minutes. Maybe I got lucky as it is a one man operation. They also have a universal silver cable that has to have different plugs to use with the PM-3 that might be an interesting addition to the cable collection.

I have a Forza Audio cable and it's awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back