Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Aug 16, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #4,565 of 6,302
Can the PM1 pads be used on the PM3?

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #4,570 of 6,302
You can replace the pads easily, not sure why people think you can't. Contact Oppo and they will send replacement pads. See this video for how simple it is to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLGPl_TGq0

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #4,571 of 6,302
  You can replace the pads easily, not sure why people think you can't. Contact Oppo and they will send replacement pads. See this video for how simple it is to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLGPl_TGq0

Thanks. Like they say...knowledge is power. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #4,572 of 6,302
Here is another link

https://everydaylisteningblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/how-to-remove-or-replace-oppo-pm3-earpads-video/

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #4,573 of 6,302
Hey guys im looking for a little advice. I have a stationary setup and I keep my TH900's there but i was wondering if you could help me get another pair of headphones stationary/portable option both amp'd keeping it a max of $400? I don't want to go all out for a stationary/portable headphone.   cant be open back but still want some good sound stage. I was honestly leaning more towards the Oppo PM-3.  I mainly listen to Rock everything from all generations and hardcore/metalcore, rap/hiphop and techno/dubstep.  After reading more into the Oppo PM-3 ive read that if they lack in anything its bass but i dont mind EQ'ing slightly. i was told they can handle EQ'ing bass really well, nothing like the TH900's though lol.  Thank you very much in advance and i look forward to hearing your suggestions :)

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #4,574 of 6,302
Hey guys im looking for a little advice. I have a stationary setup and I keep my TH900's there but i was wondering if you could help me get another pair of headphones stationary/portable option both amp'd keeping it a max of $400? I don't want to go all out for a stationary/portable headphone.   cant be open back but still want some good sound stage. I was honestly leaning more towards the Oppo PM-3.  I mainly listen to Rock everything from all generations and hardcore/metalcore, rap/hiphop and techno/dubstep.  After reading more into the Oppo PM-3 ive read that if they lack in anything its bass but i dont mind EQ'ing slightly. i was told they can handle EQ'ing bass really well, nothing like the TH900's though lol.  Thank you very much in advance and i look forward to hearing your suggestions :)

Th900, eqing? You know real bass my friend :wink:. Only thing that can out do them is the jvc sz2000, in output.

With that being said. even with eqing, your not going to get to that level. But you will get deep, tight, articulate bass. These things are bass shy, but like you said they do handle boost pretty well. I use equalify pro and to get them to adequate levels for me, I give it a 10db boost. I'm a true basshead and these things satisfy my needs.

With sound stage, you might be disappointed. These things are pretty closed. But the pros out weigh the cons. For me at least.

For 400, you can get a used set of pm3 and a new e18. I have that combo for my portable rig and I'm very happy with it.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #4,575 of 6,302

Yamaha HPH MT220, stunning value, plenty of bass. I owned the TH 900, TH 600 and D7000 so I like my bass. I also listen to plenty of electronica and rock, less rock these days as I hate how bad most recordings are. The PM3 is also a headphone I owned and would recommend as well, but the Yamaha I think sounds better, but it is larger. So when you say portable do you mean in public transit portable, or just moving around easily? If so, get the MT220 from Amazon, easy to return, but I will be shocked if you do return it. I had my TH 600 when I got the MT220 and I only sold it after I knew the Yamaha could give me a very good closed back solution. I'm not saying it is as good as the TH 600 (it is far closer than you would think), but at $239 the MT220 is an absolute no-brainer in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back