Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Apr 8, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #4,066 of 6,313
  Thanks for the video! Looks pretty easy to replace the pads. I have popped out one side of a pad to try, works a treat.
How much do replacement pads cost?

I got my pads for free through a warranty dispute. I couldn`t find an item number, the box is plane apart from the image on the front so I`m not sure if they can even be ordered separately. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #4,068 of 6,313
Have anyone tried the HE400S and Audio Technica WS1100? How are they compared to OPPO PM-3? I plan to buy PM-3 next month and since the HA-2 cost around US$450 in my place I think I will pair the PM-3 with E17k or PHA-1A for mobile and PC use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #4,069 of 6,313
I read somewhere (don´t know if in this thread ore elsewhere), that oppo is working on a new version of pm3´s. A few days ago I contacted oppodigital, because I was curious if they would improve the treble extension. They told me:
"There are no plans at this time to work on a replacement or update to the PM-3 headphones."

Just wanted to let you know ...

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #4,071 of 6,313
  Why would they update PM3s? Oppo-sition is years behind, so why do it? I'm really happy with mine as they are.

There´s always space above :wink:

Don´t get me wrong, I´m very happy with them, too. But you know, if you stop working on new models, the other companies sooner or later get better and better and then maybe it´s too late to catch up. The Mr Speaker C for example is no doubt far beyond. But on the other hand, I know, I can´t compare them because of the different price. And they are really big, I would not wear them outdoor.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #4,072 of 6,313
I listened to Ether C and agreed there, sound excellent. However, they also cost 5X as much as PM-3s. When they come down to comparable prices, I'll buy two Cs, one for office and one for home. :)

When I wrote opposition above I was thinking closed over ear portable headphones. No match for PM-3 in that crowd.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #4,073 of 6,313
  I listened to Ether C and agreed there, sound excellent. However, they also cost 5X as much as PM-3s. When they come down to comparable prices, I'll buy two Cs, one for office and one for home. :)

When I wrote opposition above I was thinking closed over ear portable headphones. No match for PM-3 in that crowd.

Did you have a chance to listen to the Meze 99. They are cheaper then the PM3´s and should sound as good or even better then the PM3´s?
Here in Vienna there´s no store to listen to them (only AKG, because their company is around the corner)

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #4,074 of 6,313
hello to all the PM-3 owners a question: when you put the headset in denim custody, the cable each time you disconnect it or you leave it plugged in? I fear that in the long run it may break the cable as it bends to the "L" but if I disconnect whenever risk that instead breaks precisely the headphone jack .... what do you think?

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #4,075 of 6,313
hello to all the PM-3 owners a question: when you put the headset in denim custody, the cable each time you disconnect it or you leave it plugged in? I fear that in the long run it may break the cable as it bends to the "L" but if I disconnect whenever risk that instead breaks precisely the headphone jack .... what do you think?

I thought the intent was for the cable to be removed. That is why the case is so tight. I'd never try to leave the cable attached for fear of breaking both the headphone jack and the cable.  Though, I have mine on a headphone stand most of the time anyway. Only when I take them to work I pack them up.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #4,076 of 6,313

I'm leaving it connected but putting headphones in the way that cable is looking inside and bending less.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #4,077 of 6,313

I disconnect to put it in, and wrap the cable in a small circle to reside the middle. However, I also bought a replacement cable that does a nice job stretching back out when I use it.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #4,078 of 6,313

I always disconnect.. The headphones are already a tight fit..

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #4,080 of 6,313
Ordered some LCD-X's today.. After recieving and letting them burn in, I will provide a comparison review to the PM3's..

I'd love to hear your thoughts, I've always been curious about the X's and could probably justify a used pair in the future. It's nice to hear what its like compared to a headphone I know and own. Also would love to hear about comfort between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back