Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Jun 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,880 of 6,313

Maybe they just run them through the dishwasher in the break room. Would that be sufficient?

Of course not. They need to be sterilized in a vacuum sealed chamber.

Haha! Of course I'm kidding, and my best guess is that they will be giving buyers new (or CLEAN) earpads with the refurbished units.
I'm sure HasturTheYellow will confirm this at some point.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #1,883 of 6,313
Quote:
  On the refurb PM-3's, do you replace the used earpads with new ones? That would be my only hesitation in buying refurbished.

Quote:

I second this question.

Everything on the earpads will be used unless we find that refurbishing the original components is not possible. So we will clean the headband and earpads whenever possible, and do replacements if impossible to refurbish them in the condition that they were returned from the customer. The headphones I use (PM-1, PM-3) and my Blu-ray players and HA-1 were all refurbished product, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,884 of 6,313

Still in the skunk works. I can pretty much tell you that Red and Blue will be released in some manner or another, and additional color schemes are being considered.

Hmm, like what?
I have said before that I'd love to see some that were like a grey and tan, or off white and tan, like a 2-tone type color scheme.
Both the black and the white look very nice in their own right, but black has of course been done to death,
and I would be scared of getting marks on the white ones, which is why something in between is so enticing to me.
All red and all blue look cool too, but just not my bag to be honest.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,885 of 6,313
Hmm, like what?

I have said before that I'd love to see some that were like a grey and tan, or off white and tan, like a 2-tone type color scheme.

Both the black and the white look very nice in their own right, but black has of course been done to death,

and I would be scared of getting marks on the white ones, which is why something in between is so enticing to me.

All red and all blue look cool too, but just not my bag to be honest.

I would go for antique ivory. But I am happy with the two colours offered.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,887 of 6,313
Blue or red or my fave orange and I'm there. Waiting. 
gs1000.gif

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,888 of 6,313
Just ordered my balanced cable from Surf cables to be used on my Cypher Labs Theorem 720. John had been very quick in communicating with me. Very nice first service!

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #1,890 of 6,313
  Coming directly from the HP50 to the PM-3 I would say that the PM-3 definitely has more impactful and tighter bass, plus it has that wonderful bass tone and tunefulness that seems to be inherent to most, if not all, planar magnetic designs. Overall the tonality of the HP50 is very good so I would call this area basically a draw in all frequency ranges above the bass.

Wow, the PM-3 has more bass? I had been reading they are fairly neutral, so I assumed the amount of bass would be far lower (seeing the +10 dB bass curve of the NAD at http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back