Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Oct 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #406 of 2,563
  I want to try out a circular version of those pads.

c'mon man, why dontcha just go make your own.  
wink_face.gif

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #408 of 2,563

c'mon man, why dontcha just go make your own.  
wink_face.gif

I would, if I can somehow make these tiny uniform holes on premade earpads. My mod is the best that can be done with knives or sharp scissors.

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #409 of 2,563
  I would, if I can somehow make these tiny uniform holes on premade earpads. My mod is the best that can be done with knives or sharp scissors.

Maybe to get you off brainstorming, it almost looks like that material is from car upholstery or something. At least that's what it reminds me of.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #414 of 2,563
I think everyone is forgetting that oppo is not some small specialty headphone maker that has to charge extreme specialty prices.
Given their ability in their products they can easily churn out plenty and make sizable profit on mass production of a unit that from appearance seems clearly aimed at a larger market with it's styling.
With that said, I will take one for $399
:p

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #419 of 2,563
I think everyone is forgetting that oppo is not some small specialty headphone maker that has to charge extreme specialty prices.
Given their ability in their products they can easily churn out plenty and make sizable profit on mass production of a unit that from appearance seems clearly aimed at a larger market with it's styling.
With that said, I will take one for $399
tongue.gif

If your price estimate checks out - I set an individual-headset ceiling of $400.00 for my medium-impedance (viz., 100-600Ω) showdown - the Oppo® PM-1 could very well land the monitoring-headset position on my Asus® CM1630-06 as upgraded, as the XONAR's® Texas Instruments® TPA6120A2 (Zs=10.7Ω) has no problem with resistive loads down to 32Ω.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back