OPPO Introduces Sonica: A $299 High Fidelity Wi-Fi Speaker
Jun 22, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #62 of 148
Any reviews yet? Fingers on the trigger for one of these bad boys.

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #64 of 148
  Yeah, as soon as spotify support is added, I will be getting one.  Or better yet...add Google Cast support!!!

I am also waiting for spotify support to be added to purchase one.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #65 of 148
We have released a new firmware of the Sonica speaker this afternoon. You can upgrade it using an established network connection or through attached USB storage. The firmware is designed to address the following issues:

• Resolved a volume synchronization and volume control command delay issue.
  • Resolved an issue where a firmware upgrade via USB would not be recognized.
  • Resolved an issue where AirPlay could result in distorted audio after long periods of playback.
  • Resolved general network connection issues.
  • Improved the loading time for long playlists. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #66 of 148
Jun 23, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #67 of 148
Jul 5, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #72 of 148
  this review (http://www.stuff.tv/in/news/when-opportunity-goes-sonic) claims that sonica has spotify support already. can anyone confirm?

No it does not, and I have no idea where the author of that article is getting their info.
Perhaps they have some kind of inside info they are sharing, but without confirmation from Oppo, that "Stuff" should be taken with a grain of salt.
As of right now the only app that Sonica supports is Tidal.

Jul 5, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #73 of 148
Anyone know how to get the voucher for 3 months Tidal? Can't figure it out.

Did you try the link inside of the Sonica app when you open Tidal?
Other than that I have no idea since I have not used that particular promo.
Perhaps Oppo tech support could offer some help if you contact them. https://www.oppodigital.com/ContactUs.aspx

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #74 of 148
The link was not on the iPhone app. I did get it to momentarily work on the iPad. I tried to sign up and Tidal gave me an error. Oppo support sent me a link and that gave me the same Tidal error.

Basically Tidal said that I was unable to join the campaign. As I see it they are trying not to honor the 3 month free, but they offered me 1 month free.

I contacted Tidal tech support last Monday, so in over a week no reply. Pretty bad customer service in my opinion. At this point I have no intention of supporting such a poorly operated company (Tidal, that is).

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #75 of 148
The link was not on the iPhone app. I did get it to momentarily work on the iPad. I tried to sign up and Tidal gave me an error. Oppo support sent me a link and that gave me the same Tidal error.

Basically Tidal said that I was unable to join the campaign. As I see it they are trying not to honor the 3 month free, but they offered me 1 month free.

I contacted Tidal tech support last Monday, so in over a week no reply. Pretty bad customer service in my opinion. At this point I have no intention of supporting such a poorly operated company (Tidal, that is).

So did Tidal give you a reason why you could not receive the 3-month trial?
I have also had to deal with their customer support in the past and I wasn't impressed.
Seems like they need to work on that area if they want to be more successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back