Oppo HA-2 SE
Mar 1, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #151 of 371
Hello all! 

Does anybody know if HA2SE will support hardware MQA decoding in the near future? I'm new on the forum as well as on the HEAD-FI field so please be empathic :)

I haven't seen any indication from Oppo that they'll be supporting MQA. Their latest DAC, the Sonica, which talks about its use with Tidal, makes no mention of MQA. So I wouldn't hold out hope that the HA-2SE would get an update to support it. But, you never know...

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #152 of 371
I think the only reason for choosing the HA2SE is if you have sensitive iems. On all my ciem's I could hear hissing on the HA2, while close to silent on the new.

I personally find the SE a nicer, less flat SQ than the standard HA and yes, no hiss now with my SE846's. Nearly identical to the Dragonfly Red.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #154 of 371
The more I listen to the HA2 SE the more I appreciate it's qualities.

Where can I order a longer android cable of the oppo kind and backup cables?

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #155 of 371
I just used my short 10cm silver Penon OTG cable and didn't see any charging light come on the HA2SE.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #159 of 371
The more I listen to the HA2 SE the more I appreciate it's qualities.

Where can I order a longer android cable of the oppo kind and backup cables?

Moon Audio has a great selection.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #160 of 371
Hi guys,

Any tips for eliminating interference noise when playing music through iPhone and HA2-SE ?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #163 of 371
Is this a common issue and if so what is the cause?

Yes, it's a common problem. Have you ever had a cellular phone near a speaker and heard a distinctive noise coming out of the speaker even if the speaker wasn't playing anything at the time? Like your computer speakers for instance.

That's EMI/RFI leaching into the speaker or in this case the HA-2SE. Better shielding of the HA-2SE can block the interference. Or putting the phone into airplane mode turns off the radios in the phone thereby eliminating the interference at its source. Or moving the phone away from the HA-2SE will reduce/eliminate the interference.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #164 of 371
I had the Dragonfly Red and now the HA-2SE. I found the Oppo to have greater clarity.top to bottom and more features. The only thing the Dragonfly Red has going for it is the size and simplicity in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back