Oppo HA-2 SE
Aug 4, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #211 of 371
:frowning2::frowning2::frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

I didn't see any mention of people having driver issues with their HA-2SE.

I cannot get mine to be seen by either of my computers, one a laptop (Yoga 710) and the other a desktop, both running Win 10.

What's weird is that I can install the software, see the Audio Control Panel in the systray, but there's nothing in Device Manager.

Anybody else having similar problems ? I emailed Oppo support center. Going back and forth now.

Aug 11, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #212 of 371
Tried the Chord Mojo quickly with my Sennheiser Momentum 2 headphones. Too much bass, Mojo got too hot and just a little too heavy/bulky for my ultralight travel lifestyle. I remembered my OPPO HA-2 was excellent with the Momentum 2s but I recently gave it away for a guy helping me with an SME tonearm rewire project. Well just got the newer OPPO HA-2SE. Wow!

Aug 31, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #213 of 371
Tried the Chord Mojo quickly with my Sennheiser Momentum 2 headphones. Too much bass, Mojo got too hot and just a little too heavy/bulky for my ultralight travel lifestyle. I remembered my OPPO HA-2 was excellent with the Momentum 2s but I recently gave it away for a guy helping me with an SME tonearm rewire project. Well just got the newer OPPO HA-2SE. Wow!

oh wow, i heard so much praise on the mojo i was about to order one. My story: i had the HA-2 until 2 days ago, i was using it witth my S7E but since April i got the S8 and it didnt work so it was just sitting in its box. 2 Days ago i sold mine to a colleague and bought the SE and a new OTG USB C cable. Right after i was offered a 10% discount on the mojo so i decided to visit here before pulling the trigger but seems like i'm gonna be disappointed so i'm hesitating

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #214 of 371
oh wow, i heard so much praise on the mojo i was about to order one. My story: i had the HA-2 until 2 days ago, i was using it witth my S7E but since April i got the S8 and it didnt work so it was just sitting in its box. 2 Days ago i sold mine to a colleague and bought the SE and a new OTG USB C cable. Right after i was offered a 10% discount on the mojo so i decided to visit here before pulling the trigger but seems like i'm gonna be disappointed so i'm hesitating

I had a Mojo for a short amount of time that I mainly was going to use on a vintage 2 channel system and an AURALiC Aries MINI. I quickly hooked it up to my Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and it was way to bass heavy for me. Well the HA-2 SE was also too bass heavy for the Momentums. Strange. My guess is the those headphone were designed for the iPhone 6 which is bass light. What is strange is the original HA-2 was perfect with the Momentums. Well I didn't want to go back to the older model so I got a pair SONY MDR-1R headphones and planned on also getting a pair of Sennheiser HD 598 CS headphones to compare. Well I'm super happy with the HA-2 SE and the MDR-1R. Not even going to mess with trying out the 598s. I also love the way the MDR-1Rs fold flat in the laptop case, something the 598s can't do. I wanted a closed ear design for work. Noise isolation also seems excellent with the MDR-1Rs, almost feels like noise cancelling. I bet the Mojo would have been amazing in the MDR-1Rs, more vinyl sounding but I think the HA-2 SE is a great compromise, less expensive, lighter, easier to pack, integrated case, long battery life, etc.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #215 of 371
i'm using the HA-2 with my Westone 40, i'm more into IEMs :) but thanks for your feedback

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #216 of 371
i'm using the HA-2 with my Westone 40, i'm more into IEMs :) but thanks for your feedback

You are welcome. Had some JH Audio Angie custom IEMs for half a minute. Bought them last minute at a previous RMAF. I have strange ears and just couldn't handle the whole custom in ear experience. Even a bluetooth headset drives me crazy after a while. For now, Its going to be HD800S for home use and MDR-1R headphones for portable.

On a side note. My older HA-2 seemed to also charge my iPhone. On the HA-2 SE, the charging indicator goes on, then off when I plug in the included small USB to lightning adapter. Seem to think my older HA-2 had an aftermarket cable. Do I need to buy a different cable to make it charge. Any recommendations? Maybe it is designed this way so the included cable doesn’t train the Oppo.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #219 of 371
The OPPO is a very detailed and wonderfully detailed DAC. There are however 3 problems with it:

1) EXPENSIVE

2) does not pass microphone and playback controls to your phone

3) IOS upgrade broke it. IOS USB power handling causes the OPPO to go offline

I'd say drop price $150 and fix the issue, and it will be awesome!

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #220 of 371
I have a galaxy s8 so no ios bug for me and 350 when you buying audiophile gear is not very expensive imo. I just started last year and im already spending hundreds left and right. I had the ha-2 liked it but decided time to upgrade so i ordered the se and from what ive read the sound is more balanced now. Also new Android phoned with usb c dont work properly you need a usb c otg cable

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #222 of 371
What are the chances that there is a HA2-SE successor coming out soon? The SE is 1 year old and it was only a refresh of the HA-2 which I assume has been out for at least another year before that? I've been eyeing this to use with my iPhone but with the way technology moves I was wondering if there was possibly an HA-3 or something coming around the corner ..

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #223 of 371
Yeah, we live in a time when your once latest greatest device is now old news and no longer the shiny object folks can't live without. It's always hard to buy any tech and then the new 'super' tech version of that device comes out a few months or weeks later. We have all been there!

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #224 of 371
How does sound next to the mojo?

The OPPO is a very detailed and wonderfully detailed DAC. There are however 3 problems with it:

1) EXPENSIVE

2) does not pass microphone and playback controls to your phone

3) IOS upgrade broke it. IOS USB power handling causes the OPPO to go offline

I'd say drop price $150 and fix the issue, and it will be awesome!

1 and 2 are correct. 3 is also correct but this issue was fixed with iOS 10.3.3 around 6 weeks ago.

I've had the Mojo then the HA2, then the HA-2SE and then back to the Mojo

For me the Mojo just takes it on sound but for the money the Oppo is an amazing DAC plus I prefer the portable design (also one of the best looking DACS) and the iOS approval.
The biggest issue on both HA-2 and the SE is the radio interference which is unacceptable. It's well documented and such a shame but that's probably the biggest factor why I went back to MOJO.
If you can live with that its a great device.

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #225 of 371
1 and 2 are correct. 3 is also correct but this issue was fixed with iOS 10.3.3 around 6 weeks ago.

I've had the Mojo then the HA2, then the HA-2SE and then back to the Mojo

For me the Mojo just takes it on sound but for the money the Oppo is an amazing DAC plus I prefer the portable design (also one of the best looking DACS) and the iOS approval.
The biggest issue on both HA-2 and the SE is the radio interference which is unacceptable. It's well documented and such a shame but that's probably the biggest factor why I went back to MOJO.
If you can live with that its a great device.

Radio interference in ios onlyim guessing? Never exprienced such thing with my android phones and i very much prefer its portability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back