Oppo BDP-80 Blu-ray universal player....coming 1/25/2010
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #31 of 32
I have been an Oppo fan for long time, and the main problem they have, is that they expect people to troubleshoot the devices for them, what means that the R&D is not very good, all players are released with a lot of issues, and even while they do offer a good value for the money they are always flawed. Out of three that I have owned, one was returned, the other two still are here working, but both have some minor issues that they are still working on them, and the 83 still has issues that they try to correct in each firmware version (in my case it has some HDMI handshake problems, that they say it is my LCD Sony display, which I still refuse to believe, and just simply as I have not heard of any other player having issues with it...) My advice is to find out what the problems are, and if you can live with them, they are good value, if not look to another place, but usually they are not entrance level players...and far better than any in that price range...But they are not flawless performers neither...

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A glowing reference from Stereophile frankly means nothing, one way or another, a Stereophile journo gave a glowing review to a radical new cable design that when tested was functionally broken, great ears huh
wink.gif

Ha! I heard about this. It took the analog signal, converted it into optical, then back to analog on the other end of the cable. Talk about stupid. And yes, the distortion level was so bad it was functionally broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back