Opinions on this cheap DIY AMP?
Jan 26, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #5 of 11
The link just takes you to the Aliexpress front page.
Ditto - might as well be a link to a virus, IMHO. I doubt the kit is worth putting together if it came from Aliexpress. The lack of a PSU is a long-standing trick in selling amplifiers and DACs on ebay, ali, etc., etc. The PSU might as well be the most important section on an amplifier (or DAC, etc.).

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #9 of 11
If you go to Aliexpress and paste 32812050441 in the search bar it takes you to the amp.

1643216822612.png

Looks similar to CMoy/RA-1. So long as the DC offset is low it would probably be fine as a starter headphone amp.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #11 of 11
If you look at the schematic it's very similar to a Grado RA-1 which used a split rail +/- 9V or 12V power supply or dual 9V batteries. This unit takes an 18V input and converts it to +/- 9V. I'd assume a standard 18V-24V 1A wall wart (like this one) would work, but wait for someone to confirm that. Mean Well is a good reliable brand in my experience.

I'm in the process of building an RA-1 clone power supply, you can see the schematic below. Your unit is already handling some of what is pictured.

Attachments

• 12-Volt-dual-power-supply-circuit.png
    12-Volt-dual-power-supply-circuit.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back