Opinions on Klipsch Image S4
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Mclachlan

New Head-Fier
as someone who does no have the money to spend over 100 dollars on a pair of earbuds, but apreciates  good sound i decided to try and get something in the 40-80 dollar range. Now i have heard a lot of good things about these earbuds. but i decided that you would be the best people to ask about it. im not really an audiophile. so explain the advantages and disadvantages of these buds to me like your explaining them to an 8 year old.

thank you.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 19
I got these as an upgrade from my crappy bundled headphones. When I first put them on I thought they were really great. The bass is big and a bit rough and they have faults but for the price you won't be disappointed.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 19
They're still pretty good earphones to be honest. Someone may come along and recommend something better for similar money but I was very happy with them for a couple of years. They're not audiophile quality but if you can get a good deal on a pair you could do a lot worse.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 19
It's been a while since I've had the S4s, but I found the bass bled a lot into the mids and they were sibilant. Light and comfy, though. The Meelectronics CC51 is better(IMO) and only $35 on Amazon right now.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 19
I own them and they're extremely bassy. 

You'll like them if you never tried any high-end IEM. I've been using these for a couple of years and I think they're worth their price. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 19
okay, i think i might go for them because of all the good things i have heard about them. but i will look into the CC51s Selinium mentioned. this community is very welcoming. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 19
don't get the s4's they're crap. get the a151s instead. you will be doing yourself a favor!

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 19
There are better IEMs out there for sure, but they are decent. They handle pretty much every genre decently. They don't really excel with anything, but they don't fail miserably with anything either. Though, I think dubstep and other bass heavy music are better suited for them than maybe classical or vocal stuff. At least that's my opinion on them.

They don't seem to have the best build quality. Both mine and my friends have broken, and to my knowledge they were treated properly and were not abused. I know mine were. So beware of that.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #11 of 19
If you can get them for at least 20% off of retail they're a decent value. They're good all-arounders, but have emphasized bass which tends to dominate. They have a warm, fun sound to them and are pretty involving. However, they lack detail in the mids which can make vocals and certain instruments sound a bit distant. They're good for most genres, but if you listen to a lot of jazz, classical, or acoustic, there are much better options.

Mine have served me well for 2.5 years. I still use them for the gym.

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 19
I have only had them a few weeks, but so no far no complaints.  Depending on your player you can equalize out the rough spots, but you will definitely not need to bass boost these.  The included silicone tips didn't fit my ear quite right...small was too small, medium was slightly to big, so I bought some Comply tips which seem to work well.  Durability was an issue when I made the choice to buy these, so their two year warranty was a plus.  Overall, the build and sound quality meets my expectations.

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
They are hardly bright. Sibilant for some people, sure, but they are definitely darker/warmer than they are bright.

ace5000 

I found the S4s way too Bright... exaggerated cymbals, the hole deal. But, some people like that sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/475603/beats-by-dre-studio-vs-klipsch-image-s4i#post_6452952

fallingreason 
S4 has the very bright Klipsch sound signature.  Bass is not as controlled as the IE7.  Highs are bright but seem very colored compared to the IE7.  The S4 is a colored, "fun" IEM.  The S4 is so bright you may cringe at sibilance if any of your music if your music was recorded with any. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/523206/sennheiser-ie7-vs-klipsch-s4#post_7063625

somspaple

i chose S4s. i have been using Image S4 since then. somehow i find them very bright to my liking. so much that 'm almost thinking of buying a different pair of IEMs. only this time i would not go by reviews but 'll audition a nicely run-in pair.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/511970/urgent-noob-advice#post_6919949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back