Opera Consonance Cyber 10 with USB
Aug 9, 2007 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all. Haven't seen any info about this before and came across it today whilst searching for something on the net. Looks like they took their Cyber 10 tube amp and added USB input....and I must say it looks fantastic! I wonder what availability is.

I saw a little bit about it in the coverage of the German high-end audio show at Enjoythemusic.com. Looks like it will be around EUR1000 though! Here is their official product page. Can be used in ultra-linear and triode mode; has both headphone (1/4" and 1/8") and speaker output; uses two KT88 / 6550 tubes,one ECC82, and one ECC81.

Cyber-10usb.jpg

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Consonance is very good but a bit expensive in the international market compared to its other Chinese peers. I once owned a Cyber 20 headphone amp, my first Transformer Coupled Headphone amp, which really opened up my ears. Very good build quality and sonics.

The Cyber 10 is said to incorporate the highly reputable DAC section from its acclaimed CD120 CD player. If this is true, that its DAC function alone will be sufficient to set itself apart from other contenders.

If you can find sources to import direct from China, I would believe the price will be must lower.

F. Lo

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Considering that DAC section, it actually isn't that bad a price at all - and I am sure it can be found significantly cheaper than that RRP. This is in light of other high-end USB DACs and headphone amps, and even just the high-end USB DACs (like those from Wavelength Audio).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back