Open Senn HD650s
Feb 3, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, he's playing.

no, i'm serious. it's not that hard to pull off, just remove the pads, remove the foam, and hold them up infront of your ears (against the weight of the headband). i did that for a whole two songs just now.... and yea, it greatly reduced the bass, and added a "cheap pocket radio" type of sound to the sennheisers.... overall, a bad experience.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, i'm serious.

Not you. I meant cotdt.
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 26
Oh ok, so you are talking about turning the HD650 into an ear speaker-like design. I haven't seen anything like that in the forums. It certainly doesn't seem like it would sound very good as evidenced by a few of the previous posts.

Normally the definition of open headphones is the cup material is perforated so that sound leaks both in and out. Grados, AKG K701, HD650 are some examples.

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? i thought that it would remove the veil...

Haha, I knew someone would take the bait
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 26
Maybe his was a headphile modded closed woodie 650?
redface.gif

Anyway, the pads on the 650 were engineered to give the headphone a certain sound, I wouldn't expect to get better sound by removing them... as they were a part of the design.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? i thought that it would remove the veil...

Use a decent amp and after-market cable for the Senns, if you seek to remove this so-called veil. It amazes me why so many people think the Senns are veiled/muffled when they are not (and I own an AKG and Grado, for comparison purposes). Now we're starting to see queer ideas like this, attempting to make these cans sound anything but what they are designed to be.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back