Open Senn HD650s
Feb 3, 2007 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

cotdt

Headphoneus Supremus
has anyone ever converted the HD650 to an open design? i'm just curious about your impressions. i've searched the forums and no one has ever posted anything about this, but i'm sure it's been done.

open (infinite baffle) always sounded more transparent to me than closed (sealed). and also it doesn't need to press as hard against your head, since closed designs require your head as a load so that air leakages would degrade the sound more.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 26
650s are open -_-

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone ever converted the HD650 to an open design? i'm just curious about your impressions. i've searched the forums and no one has ever posted anything about this, but i'm sure it's been done.

open (infinite baffle) always sounded more transparent to me than closed (sealed). and also it doesn't need to press as hard against your head, since closed designs require your head as a load so that air leakages would affect the sound more.

um.. how do i break it to you... the HD650 is an open headphone, probably the most open one on the market.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 650s are VERY open compared to normal headphones. The only headphone more open would be the k1000.

The Senns aren't normal?
wink.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

what!? i've owned this headphone myself and it's not an open headphone.

Oh dear...

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #11 of 26
You'll have to define to us what you mean by open. The HD650's are most definitely open. You can hear everything in and out.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll have to define to us what you mean by open. The HD650's are most definitely open. You can hear everything in and out.

here you go:

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

here you go:

i just did that to my sennheisers...(removed the pads and held them infront of my ears like a K1000) they sound terrible!

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just did that to my sennheisers...(removed the pads and held them infront of my ears like a K1000) they sound terrible!

really? i thought that it would remove the veil...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back