Open-back Headphones to supplement my AKG K550
Apr 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dipm

New Head-Fier
My AKG K271 MKII headphones just died on me, which means my new AKG K550 are now my primary headphones. I've never had an open pair of headphones and would like some opinions on what might be a nice pair to supplement my K550s. I listen to all kinds of music, so all suggestions are welcome. I'd like to stay bellow $200, and amp recommendations are also welcome. Thanks in advance!

-Nico

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Buy another AKG open headfone...stay safe, lol...since u like the house sound...Q701. thats one way.
jecklinsmile.gif

Or go off in a tangent , hit the Grado trail...i am having aballofatime with the Alexandro MsPro...
or Grado 225i...very upfront kinda presentation...rocks my soul each time.
beerchug.gif

or go off 45degrees, grab the alltimefavoritevalue can...sein hd600...
u wont feel like u made a mistake, cos the world thinks the world of it.
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 7
You could take a look at the K240 MKII. I don't know much about those, but you could take a look at them. I don't own them though, so I can't speak for their performance. Otherwise, the K240 Studio is a decent can, although maybe a bit cheaper than you wanted to spend.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I really want to try the Q701, but they're out of my price range. If i find a good used pair for under $200, I'll definitely bite. 

I got a brand new pair from eBay for $235, so the deals are out there if you can be patient.

smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back