OPA's for Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1
Mar 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX
Yes, it would take awhile to get used to a new signature. A simple flick of the switch is not enough to hear the differences. You have to listen to a unit for awhile before you get used to it's sound.

Hmmm .... really ? That's very intriguing ... but still slightly worrying. At least, now i have proper test bench
biggrin.gif
Actually, it's slightly adapted now so that I can test the 4 opamps in parallel and with the choice of speakers or headphones termination points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leepery
BTW, after nagging the Auzen tech support many times to know whether LT1028AC and AD797B were 100% compatible w/ their cards, they've just told me:

Lee, you have too much free time on your hands mate ...
smile.gif
thank you for posting the Auzen response. I have a pair of AD797BR and can confirm that they are working fine.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognito73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm .... really ? That's very intriguing ... but still slightly worrying. At least, now i have proper test bench
biggrin.gif
Actually, it's slightly adapted now so that I can test the 4 opamps in parallel and with the choice of speakers or headphones termination points.

I just find it is easier to grade an opamp if you give it some time. Some people snap in an opamps and listen for a few minute and say "no good"!
Let you brain and ears get used to the new soudn and signature.

Some people also suggest that opamps burn in and warm up. I try to stay away from those debates but they are out there. There is also a subject called "reference points" that sort of plays into this topic. I will not go into detail on that though but is an interesting topic none the less.

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #48 of 56
i finally received the OPA627AU and AD797BR , realy nice soldering and module pins are gilt

43168750.png

can amp with OPA627AU- very simillar to the stock (LME49720NA) but have a little wider stage , the bass more kicking but less balanced and precise

can amp with AD797BR- compared to LME49720NA and OPA627AU the stage is mutch wider , sound is more balanced and precise

front speakers with AD797BR - compared to opa2107 the sound more detailed and precise

front speakers with OPA627 - compared to opa2107 the sound more detailed

bass/center with LME49720NA- compared to the stock feel less open but give more bass kicks but pretty mutch the same

If i had to choose a winner for my ears it must be the AD797BR
beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #49 of 56
Sure, best way to find out what is best for you is to test.
You are allowing yourself enough time to get used to the new signatures right?
I would install a new opamp and listen to it for a few days, you will be surprised at what you start hearing after you get used to the new sonic signature.

Just asking as I see some people change the opamps to fast without giving themselves a chance to hear what the new units have to offer.

Enjoy your new signature.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i had to choose a winner for my ears it must be the AD797BR

yes, AD797B crushes the competition...now try LT1028AC if you dare(it works on the Auzen X-Raider 7.1 FWIW)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure , i listen to the OPA627AU on the can amp and the AD797BR on the front channel for few days before i switched

Just checking. The AD797 may be the best match considering your headphones etc. I like the Dual LME49710HA on that card also for the speaker outputs
Are you new to opamp rolling?
To note, the front outputs and headphones output use a different DAC so they may sound a bit different using the same opamp.
I also use a custom adapter in the center/sub channel so I can use different opamps for the center and subwoofer. I wou'd reccomend such an idea to anybody using a surround sound card.

Here are some configs I have been playing with lately...I posted these in another thread also:

Head amp: OPA2111AM
Fronts: LME49710HA
Rears: LME49710HA
CNT/SUB: LME49710HA/OPA227P
Sides: JRC5532 -I don't use the side outputs.
LME49710HA.jpg

These OPA2111AM's I built sound great on this design. Actually they sound great in every design I have tested them on.
Head amp: OPA2111AM
Fronts: OPA2111AM
Rears: OPA2111AM
CNT/SUB: LME49710HA/OPA227P
Sides: JRC5532 -I don't use the side outputs.
OPA2111AM.jpg

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #53 of 56
hey all,

sorry to start up a dorment thread but this seems to be the most appropriate place to ask the questions i have. i'm pretty new
to the forums, but already in the last month or so i've picked up a huge amount, sadly though i fear for my wallets safety!

having read various threads and reviews on the Bravura, Robscix's over at Guru being one of the deciding factors (thanks
for that!), i decided that this is the card for me. i do a bit of gaming BF2:BC that sort of thing but mostly i'll be using it for music
whilst working in 3dsmax. also i'm on a budget so this seemed like the best choice.

i've literally only just learnt about the existence of opamps in the last week, and from what i gather there are a huge variety
to choose from, each adding their own flavour of sorts. My headphones are generally my primary output MDR-XD400's at
the moment but i ordered a pair of DT880's today (i'm going through something of a sonic revelation at the moment :p)

with this in mind i'd first like to change the the opa on the headphone out, from reading this thread alone the OPA627 seems
like a good place to start. so firstly i'm wondering if any of you have dealt with either of these sellers and whether the products
listed below are even suitable replacements...

http://cgi.ebay.com/pair-BB-OPA-627AU-SOIC-DIP-adapter-/220682011875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3361ac44e3

http://cgi.ebay.com/1x-Dual-Mono-Op-amp-module-OPA627-replace-NE5532-/350409848451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51960df683

or if you have some alternative suggestions to ebay I'd really appreciate it, i know Auzentech stock them as well but they seem
in comparison quite expensive. I'm based in Ireland so any EU retailers would be awesome!

also would it then be feasible to take the LME49720NA that I've replaced and move it to the left/right channel, my speakers are
logitech G51's not great but they do the trick if i just want to pan out with a movie or whatever.

and finally does anyone have any experience with the Bravura and DT880's? I've ordered the 250 ohm premiums I'm just wondering
if the cards amp will be sufficient to drive them i know the spec list says 16-600ohm but I'm fairly new to this...

anyway apologies for such a long winded post but with this being my first i didn't want it to be all info noaw please!

thanks in advance!

psone.

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #54 of 56
Be carful of ebay especially when buying high priced opamps there have been people around this forum and others that have been sent counterfeits.
Yes, you can use the LM49720NA for the any positin on that card.

The Bravura can amp has a great deal of power as it is a buffer followed by a discrete amplification section.  I have never tested those cans on that card so I cannot say for certain.

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #55 of 56

Thanks for the heads up! i'll keep that in mind. For the price that some of the guys on ebay are selling at(compared
to auzentech) it almost seems worth taking a punt. That said if i could find a more reliable source i'd go with that.

i suppose the "the opamp thread" would be a good place to start looking, the 200 odd pages though just seemed a little
daunting :p and as for the can amp + dt880's i guess i'll find out soon enough, hopefully i'll have both by the end
of the week. can't wait!

Jul 2, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #56 of 56
I got this card back in January and have played a little with the head amp section, and I think the LME49990 dual module is a definate upgrade from the LME49720, I also tried the LME49860 and it seems like it's just about the same as the 720 to me.

Today i just got a dual AD797BRZ module and have been burning it and testing all day, I also plan on getting a OPA637AU from Auzentech to try out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back