opamp for mini3~~~!
Mar 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

tetracilin

New Head-Fier
i've just finished my mini3 and wonder what opamp should i use for my music ( mostly vocal and violin, sometimes symphonic metal ).
PLz recommend some opamp ( i'm currently looking into burrbrown's products).
Thx in advance !! :D

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 34
I assume you're referring to the AMB Mini³?

AMB's instructions state the op-amps should be soldered to the PCB before any other components. This is to allow maximum ease of access to the pins. Soldering in the op-amps after all other components is harder, but not impossible.

AMB's instructions only recommend two op-amp combinations, one makes up the 'high-performance' edition and the other is the 'extended run-time' version. The difference is current draw and output. I personally went for the high-performance edition.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 34
The PCB mounts for the op-amps in the mini³ are surface mount, I was not aware you can get adapters for surface mount op-amps?

Also, I understand issues can arise if component lead lengths are too long. Something to do with inductance? This goes beyond my understanding though.

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 34

Quote:
i've just finished my mini3 and wonder what opamp should i use for my music ( mostly vocal and violin, sometimes symphonic metal ).
PLz recommend some opamp ( i'm currently looking into burrbrown's products).
Thx in advance !! :D

ad8559 in signal, opa690 in ground
wink.gif

i had this combination for quite some time before changing to hi performance edition. simply because vocal is not my main genre.

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #12 of 34
have you even tried the AD8397? it really is a very good little amp with the recommended opamp.

i remember reading a post by amb stating that the Mini3 is no longer really a Mini3 once other opamps are substituted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back