Op-Amps in Dynalo
Mar 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ecclesand

Headphoneus Supremus
I've searched, but can find nothing in the forum here so I will pose the question. Do the op-amps in the Dynalo affect the sound quality at all? I know the Dynalo is a discrete amp, but was wondering if the op-amps (on the Rev C board) were in the signal path and could be changed to affect the sound. I wish I knew how to read a schematic!
blink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 7
No, they do not affect the sound and are not in the audio path (as far as I understand it). They act as a DC servo to limit DC offset.

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, they do not affect the sound and are not in the audio path (as far as I understand it). They act as a DC servo to limit DC offset.

They are in the audio path, they directly affect the output don't they
evil_smiley.gif
. But like Pars said it's a subsonic integrator. Now if you can hear that low...
basshead.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil_smiley.gif
. But like Pars said it's a subsonic integrator. Now if you can hear that low...
basshead.gif

Actually, if the DC hits your heaphones, you can hear it quite well.
eek.gif

wink.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

i thought that the WHOLE "special" feature of the dyna(slap diferent output transistors on the same input stage and call it something else) was that the DC servo WAS NOT a part of the feedback loop, and did not go through the input stage but fed into some other part of the "device" for its DC correction. this design ins excelent for low noise as it eliminates the possibility of noise from the output of the opamp being "seen" as a part of the signal in the feedback loop.

yeppo, check up on the articles on headwize.

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 7
LOL Tomo I'm sure you can feel it too
evil_smiley.gif

I never said they were part of the feedback loop. I said they were in the audio path. As far as I'm concerned if something is capable of making a change in the output (such as say an Servo configured as an integrator modulating a CCS to remove DC offset), it's part of the sound chain.

But anyway the point is the same. It doesn't affect it audibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back