Only me that finds the grado's extremely comfy ?
Mar 31, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #32 of 49
i bought a pair of Sr-60 today, they are very comfortable! but if someone could post some pics of mods made to grado headphones i would be very happy!

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #35 of 49
I am very happy with my RS-1's comfort. I barely notice them.

Was almost going crazy about the HD650 clamp, but they too are better now that my head has gotten some resting time from them.

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #38 of 49
The flats that come with the SR-60's hurt my ears after a while, but using the bowls or the Senn HD-414 yellow pads are perfectly comfortable. I'm of the opinion that people are not adjusting the band correctly and are wearing them too tight.

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #39 of 49
I demoed a pair of 325s from an audio shop once and they had the headband extremely stretched out. It was disgusting. Unless your name is Dumbo the Elephant why would anyone do this?

My stock sr80 and sr325 don't need any mods to be very comfortable. The pads do take a few weeks to "break-in" but it's worth the wait. Grado comfort issues seem to be quite an exaggeration to me.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #40 of 49
I've got an SR 80 that came with the original leather headband. They're the only Grados I've ever tried, so I can't compare between leather and vinyl but I can imagine these are better.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #41 of 49
of all the things I love about Grados, comfort certainly isn't one of them. New bowls out of the box are ear-killers. but once they soften.... ooooh they're just fine. And they sound so good too. New versus old bowls are a night and day difference, IMHO.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #43 of 49
I'm very confused. The Grado's I've owned (SR80, SR125) have been ridiculously un-comfortable, there's nothing that even comes close on the un-comfort scale. I tryed different pads, numerous adjustments: nothing. They've long been sold and i've simply ignored all comments/threads about Grado's since, as if they're so uncomfortable that the entire brand "was dead to me".

Can Grado's actually be comfortable? Are higher end Grado's comfortable? ..or has this thread been a silly joke?

Ironcally, I prefer open design and am looking in the $500 to $1000 range where mostly only Grado's lie with a few exceptions.
Attachment 3461

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados are fine for the first hour or three, then I suddenly feel the pain.
rolleyes.gif

I had the same experience. It's even worse a few mintes after I take 'em off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back