Only care about isolation and comfort. Please help
Apr 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

exander

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using Sure e2cs while I cut the grass. The isolation is decent when I shove them waaaay in but then they come back out 2 seconds later. Plus, when I stuff them so far in it's uncomfortable.

I only listen to phones when I'm cutting the grass so the sound doesn't even have to be that great. I just need great isolation and I'd prefer decent comfort but isolation is most important.

I've seen some posts about ER-4P/S and ER-6i. Are there any other's I should consider and which is the best of the bunch?

Thanks!!

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 24
People claim the um1s and um2s are comfortable.

I personally find all IEMs to have relatively the comfort level. Which is good because they don't hurt at all.

Maybe you could try different tips on your e2s? Would also save you some money.

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the new Shure black foam tips. They are very isolating and very comfortable. They are also supposed to be durable and washable. Highly recommended.

x2... if shure makes the new black tips to fit the e2c. I found the new black foam tips to be very comfortable on the new SE series IEMs.

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2... if shure makes the new black tips to fit the e2c.

Nope.

"Included with new SE model earphones (SE210, SE310, SE420 and SE530) and also compatible with E3c, E4c, E5c, E500PTH, i3c, and i4c models.

NOT compatible with E2c, E2g, i2c, i2c-t or QuietSpot models."

Apr 30, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope.

"Included with new SE model earphones (SE210, SE310, SE420 and SE530) and also compatible with E3c, E4c, E5c, E500PTH, i3c, and i4c models.

NOT compatible with E2c, E2g, i2c, i2c-t or QuietSpot models."

Doh! You're right! I forgot the OP mentioned E2Cs which are different diameter eartubes. My bad. Sorry 'bout d'at.

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 24
just a reminder though, passive noise attenuation through isolating IEMs are only effective up to ~30-32dB because there's no way you can stop sound conduction through bones/skull so one can't expect to block out external noise completely

Apr 30, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose.

The QuietComforts may not sound great for the money, but they are comfortable, and they are the best active canceling headphones that I've tried.

For quite a bit less, I got Etymotic ER-6is. They sound good, and neither the tri-flange, or the foam tips will fall out.

Does Shure sell any different tips for the E2c? Any expanding foam tip, or tri-flange that goes in far enough should stay in.

Apr 30, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fortney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered headphone style hearing protection and/or in the ear sound protection plugs to reduce noise instead of attempting to over ride machine noise?

F

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_4_Dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a reminder though, passive noise attenuation through isolating IEMs are only effective up to ~30-32dB because there's no way you can stop sound conduction through bones/skull so one can't expect to block out external noise completely

Agreed to both comments. I use a ride on mower and supplement the UM2s with external headset hearing protection. This reduces external noise as much as possible. Bose definitely does not work for a Ride-On mower situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back