Onkyo LS3100 2.1-Channel Bluetooth Speaker System
Aug 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kwb231

New Head-Fier
Does anyone have this speaker?

I thinking of connecting this to my Macbook Pro Retina using Fiio E10.

Any other recommendations?

And also this might be a dumb question but the SQ will get worse if I use the bluetooth feature on this speaker to stream music right?

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Since you already have the E10, for $500, I would think you could do much better in sound quality for your money. For example, right now, NHT SuperZero 2.0s are on closeout. That's got bigger drivers than those Onkyos. Should have better sound. Add a sub and an amp, you'd be all set :)

Do you have any size restrictions on the speakers?
Could you go with larger bookshelves.
Do you have to have a wireless sub? That tends to add to the price a lot.
Would the this be for music/movies/gaming? Is it for a computer desktop setup, a living room, etc?

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Since you already have the E10, for $500, I would think you could do much better in sound quality for your money. For example, right now, NHT SuperZero 2.0s are on closeout. That's got bigger drivers than those Onkyos. Should have better sound. Add a sub and an amp, you'd be all set
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have any size restrictions on the speakers?
Could you go with larger bookshelves.
Do you have to have a wireless sub? That tends to add to the price a lot.
Would the this be for music/movies/gaming? Is it for a computer desktop setup, a living room, etc?

Thanks for the info. I already got the Onkyo from a bidding site... Do you think switching out the speakers to SuperZero will yield better sound? With Onkyos I now have the wireless sub and E10 is on its way.

It's a desktop setup in my bedroom and this is mostly for music. I don't want the speakers to be too big since this is in my bedroom. I have JBL SB300 in my living room. I don't know which one suites desktop setup better. One in the living room is for movies, console games, music, TV and one in the room is more for just music.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh. I thought you were asking for recommendations for alternatives.

The drivers in those Onkyo speakers are very tiny, and typically you can get better room filling sound from a larger driver. Same with the sub. However, that kind of setup isn't really designed to switch out the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back