Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Apr 4, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #421 of 799
  Balanced and ACG are for 2.5mm headphone out only.  Balanced gives twice the power of the 3.5mm (150mW vs 75mW).  ACG better controls the ground but has same power as 3.5mm (75mW).  You won't be able to use either from 3.5mm though.

Ok, thanks a lot!

I am trying to find the Onkyo original glass and kevlar cover but it looks like it is sold only in Japan...

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #422 of 799
  Ok, thanks a lot!

I am trying to find the Onkyo original glass and kevlar cover but it looks like it is sold only in Japan...

Can't help there, I'm in Hong Kong and bought my case and glass protector from Smartone - the local carrier that sells Granbeat:

https://shop.smartone.com/en/storefront/accessory/Screen-Protectors/TORRII-Glass-Protector-For-ONKYO-GRANBEAT/2212/

https://shop.smartone.com/en/storefront/accessory/Cases/TORRII-Leather-Case-For-ONKYO-GRANBEAT/2213/

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #424 of 799
  Bug check!  Tried a DSD song and noticed it kept pausing and starting every 5 secs or so.  Tried closing down all open apps, restarting but still the same.  Nailed it down to the lock range adjust.  I had it set to far right narrow.  Had to take it 1 notch to the left to make this disappear.
Perhaps combination of DSD processing and lock range adjust was too much for the cpu to keep up.  Can someone try this out?  It was playing a DSD64 file.  Would imagine if playing any higher DSD may need further adjustments of lock range adjust.

Confirm the glitch. But when you are too far to "narrow" the warning sign appears that there might be a problem with the sound if you carry on. Trial and error thing, depending on the DSD size, I think. "Normal" plays well on all DSDs, including the 11,2 MHz ones.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #427 of 799
Guys, I have the SIM card placed in slot 1 (most external) but I can't get LTE signal, only 3G. Other phones with the same SIM can get LTE immediately...
Any ideas?

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #428 of 799
These are a very capable piece of IEM with mic if you need one on the go. Clear, plenty of bass and treble, huge soundstage, lacking a bit of mids.  A satisfying synergy by Pioneer SE-CH9T. It also has a little brother for half the price. Both are just out.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #430 of 799
Hmm. After some more thought, I'll think I pass on the CMX1. Having separate phone and DP X1A seems like a better choice for me

Have fun guys! :)

Huh? That makes no sense to me. Carrying both my dp-x1 and m9 was a pain in the ass. Why not have it all combined so youll have less to worry about. Care to give some reasons? Im just curious is all.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #432 of 799
one question in my mind since this mobile launched. is this mobile has USB C port ? the old one ?

Still micro USB port

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #433 of 799
Huh? That makes no sense to me. Carrying both my dp-x1 and m9 was a pain in the ass. Why not have it all combined so youll have less to worry about. Care to give some reasons? Im just curious is all.

i'm of same opinion with darkarn. For me, i use my larger screen mobile to watch movies, and sometimes read e-book. CMX1 screen would not suffice for that purpose. That's why i don't mind carrying 2 devices.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #434 of 799

I thought having one device does it all will work well in my use case, but here's the thing:

1. Lack of warranty

Seeing that the CMX1 is currently a Japan and Hong Kong only item, I doubt warranty will be given if I import that into Singapore. Sure, nowadays things last long enough and that Onkyo in general has strong track record in quality (DP X1 issues notwithstanding), but I still prefer warranty at least for my phone given that it is too essential vis-a-vis DAP.

2. Phone OS

Onkyo may be excellent in their music software (be it app or OS) as seen in their stuff especially the X1A, but the CMX1 is their first phone. This means they are unproven in terms of handphone capability. I will prefer my phone needs to be handled by a more "proven" company like Sony (yes, Sony has its issues too, but given the state of the market recently, seems like it is the best company so far). I am also unsure how long will they update the OS of the CMX1, which can be a security issue for phones. I am ok if the OS of the DAP is not updated frequently; current state of the X1A is already excellent.

3. Flexibility

You may be surprised but I think having separate devices is more flexible. I can freely change the phone every two years (that's how long mobile contracts last here) while holding onto the DAP I am using, or sell it off e.t.c. I don't think having an all-in-one device like the CMX1 lets me to do that.

4. One jack of all trades vs Two masters of each trade

Ultimately, this sums up what I feel about the CMX1 against the X1A. The CMX1 is an excellent piece of hardware, but I have the sensing that having to do all-in-one means that both types of capabilities will be in the "Just Nice" level rather than outright "Excellent!" level.

So, I will go with the option to get my handphone (Sony XZs?) and DAP (DP X1A) separately. This will cost about the same as the CMX1 but more spread out and still gives me the capability I want/need.

i'm of same opinion with darkarn. For me, i use my larger screen mobile to watch movies, and sometimes read e-book. CMX1 screen would not suffice for that purpose. That's why i don't mind carrying 2 devices.

The CMX1 has 5 inch screen and 1080P though, which is big enough for me as a mobile device. If I need anything bigger, that's when my iPad comes in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back