Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #439 of 799
Be sure it's the slot 1. I think I've read that only one is 4G/LTE and the other one 3G... Or request a new sim.

Sent from my DP-CMX1 using Tapatalk

Problem solved.
For some reasons the SIM was set to 3G instead of 4G. I found the menu and corrected it.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #440 of 799
I bought THIS protection glass today. Works perfectly and it's as thin as the Onkyo one (0.2mm).

By the way, I was curious to see how much the phone's weight increased after placing the glass and... SURPRISE... my precision scale reads 223.8 gr. But the phone is supposed weigh 234 gr???!!
confused.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #442 of 799
I bought THIS protection glass today. Works perfectly and it's as thin as the Onkyo one (0.2mm).

By the way, I was curious to see how much the phone's weight increased after placing the glass and... SURPRISE... my precision scale reads 223.8 gr. But the phone is supposed weigh 234 gr???!!
confused.gif

Where did you buy it from?
The official online shop charges like us20 including HK to HK shipping...

I've ordered the same from eBay(HK based seller) for cheaper and they still haven't shipped it to me 6 days after payment.... And their estimated delivery now is end of May ~ June... And they claim to have them in stock.. What the... Just requested a refund from them...

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #443 of 799
I'd rather members concentrate on the Granbeat in this thread rather than their other preferences. Please use PM if interested.

IMHO I think the dialogue on whether to buy one or choose another alternative is a useful discussion for prospective buyers and should be encouraged in this thread. I appreciate comments from people who chose to go another direction, and why, as long as the Granbeat was one of the options considered. The Granbeat, being the integration of a cell phone and a DAP, is a first of it's kind, and a good debate of it's merits relative to other options is useful.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #444 of 799
PM sent
IMHO I think the dialogue on whether to buy one or choose another alternative is a useful discussion for prospective buyers and should be encouraged in this thread. I appreciate comments from people who chose to go another direction, and why, as long as the Granbeat was one of the options considered. The Granbeat, being the integration of a cell phone and a DAP, is a first of it's kind, and a good debate of it's merits relative to other options is useful.

PM sent

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #445 of 799
I was referring to this comment in particular which is an off-top. 
Quote:

Ah ok. i don't have tablet. That's where the need of bigger screen phone comes in for me :D

I see, what phone are you using?

However, I do not see how the "negative" debate can be useful for the current and perspective owners. If Granbeat is not for one for any reason, why should we bother to know about it. This thread is for those who appreciate this product one way or another and want to make the best of it. If I do not like Apple, what sort of contribution can I bring to the relative thread? There are always some people who would dislike something. The guy made his point and left. Let's move on with Onkyo. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #446 of 799
My Dignis case just arrived and here's some photos:

Also match my Mojo case, which is also from Dignis

The Dignis case is as usual, very high quality. It fit the Granbeat perfectly, although when sliding it in, the side buttons will be pressed but no worries as everything is lined up perfectly when fully inserted. There is no cutout for the button, but the part where the buttons reside is made contoured and it is easy to press. The case added quite a bit thickness and make the Granbeat more bulky, but I like the feeling on my hand better. The sharp edge without case is now a bit more friendly to my hand.

It came with wrist strap and a pair of protective sheet for the top side (not full screen). The wrist strap is a nice addition, as Granbeat is quite heavy and so it provide some assurance to me that it won't fall off even if it slipped off from my hand. :D Wish it was a bit longer though.

The back have a pocket for one card, I don't use it though. One thing I liked is that now I'm less likely to accidentally turn the volume wheel, which happens to me in daily basis before. :)

Overall, a high quality case, if you don't mind to make it a bit more bulky and heavy. Personally, I liked it.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #447 of 799
Finishing and look seem amazing! Too bad the lower part of the screen doesn't have a recess like the upper area, it can be problematic for some full screen (hidden navbar) apps though.

Ps:just realized that sliding down from the top also displays the navbar, so not really an issue.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #448 of 799
Finishing and look seem amazing! Too bad the lower part of the screen doesn't have a recess like the upper area, it can be problematic for some full screen (hidden navbar) apps though.

Ps:just realized that sliding down from the top also displays the navbar, so not really an issue.

I can pull the navigation bar up without any issue though, we don't need to actually slide it from the very bottom, Android is smart enough to detect if we are sliding close to the bottom. But yeah, it feels a little weird for me too as I keep touching the case edge when reaching navigation bar. :)

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #450 of 799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back