Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016
Aug 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #31 of 401
My contact who is basically in charge of marketing for ONKYO headphones has promised to get me some news about retail availability soon, hopefully early this week. I may grab a set of H900M and review them as I would like to hear the closed version of this ONKYO signature. The moment I hear anything I will update this thread.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #32 of 401
Btw guys, these Onkyo's are all engineered by WOOX, the same crew who engineered all the Philips headphones like X1, X2, and A5-Pro, so they know what they are doing. These Onkyo's don't use the same drivers as those Phillips, but there is certainly similarities. I'm a fan of the Phillips headphones so will be picking up both the Onkyo's hoping they are the next step up.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #33 of 401
Just to update the thread. I spoke with my contact and as of yet there are still some distribution details for the North American market that are being worked out, but it should be resolved soon apparently. My understanding is that it will be done through Amazon and I also suspect any other licensed dealers.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #35 of 401
  Any news about H900M availability in Europe, particularly in Germany? 

Hopefully I hear something soon, my contact is in charge of all product development so he will certainly know and he has promised to contact me the moment he has news. I wonder if they had any issues with supply chain not allowing them to roll out enough production? Speculating of course, it could be many things. Regardless, looking forward to being able to update the thread with good news.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #36 of 401
  Hopefully I hear something soon, my contact is in charge of all product development so he will certainly know and he has promised to contact me the moment he has news. I wonder if they had any issues with supply chain not allowing them to roll out enough production? Speculating of course, it could be many things. Regardless, looking forward to being able to update the thread with good news.

Thanks. I'm pretty interested to try them out as portables with my DX80. By the way, maybe you know why is there such a delay? They were scheduled to be available in March.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #37 of 401
had a short listening to the h800m today, it definitively has some definition and a good bass, compared them to Philips X1 X2, that did not sound good at all and that i felt that they were not good compared to the Onkyo m800m, that had more definition, a stronger bass, and an all overall nice experience

not sure what people like about the X1 X2, still the Onkyo were better in everything when i listened to them and the SQ for what it is was good

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #38 of 401
The H900M are available online in Germany at Mediamarkt. The expected delivery time is 7-8 working days. I would probably give them a go. What's bizarre is that H900M have at the same time disappeared from two UK online shops where they were in "available soon" status since spring.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #44 of 401
I ordered H900M from Media Markt and was soon informed that they would probably be delivered on 7th calender week due to manufacturing delay. So I cancelled my order and got refund as there's no point to keep money frozen.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #45 of 401
I have an H900M on my head now listening to the The Weekend Party Monster from Starboy. These are very nice headphones. After a few weeks using them I'm going to do a review. These were sent to me as a review sample. Okay, put aside your suspicion that people simply give glowing reviews in exchange for positive reviews, hopefully you can do that, and if you can then I hope you believe me when I say I think people are going to really enjoy these. Apparently there will be some distribution in the North American market soon. I know we have heard that before, but I do believe my source who is the manager for this portfolio at Gibson Innovations, the company who is responsible for ONKYO headphones.

The H900M is a little smaller than the A800, and man I really love how it feels and looks. Instead of a velour like fabric for the ear-pads it is either real leather, or a good quality synthetic. I'll have that information in time for my review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back