OnePlus One
Aug 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #31 of 203

Please try flac files with the OPO outputing to the E07K through USB and let us know your thoughts.  I'm still thinking whether to get the E07K/E18 myself...but the headphone out on the OPO is so good already I'm wondering whether the cost (less of a factor with the E07K) and the additional bulk (a bigger factor for me) is worthwhile for the improvement in quality.

I can do that, but it's going to be a few days. Leaving for a wedding tonight after work and won't be back until Sunday.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #33 of 203

Thanks, looking forward to it!

No problem. I don't expect there to be a huge difference given that I feel like my OnePlus One already delivers close to the sound quality of the FiiO X5 have when playing flac at least. Granted the best pair of IEMs I own ate some UE 900s so it's not like I'm trying to power $1000 headphones. I'm going to try out the E07K to see what the difference is, if any, and also do some side by side testing with my FiiO X5 to see if my ears have been deceiving me. There is a very good chance the the X5 is getting sold though as it's so much more convenient to play flac off the OPO since I'll always have it with me anyways. I only bought the X5 because I want a portable hi res player, but it's looking like my OPO will likely fill that need.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #34 of 203

No problem. I don't expect there to be a huge difference given that I feel like my OnePlus One already delivers close to the sound quality of the FiiO X5 have when playing flac at least. Granted the best pair of IEMs I own ate some UE 900s so it's not like I'm trying to power $1000 headphones. I'm going to try out the E07K to see what the difference is, if any, and also do some side by side testing with my FiiO X5 to see if my ears have been deceiving me. There is a very good chance the the X5 is getting sold though as it's so much more convenient to play flac off the OPO since I'll always have it with me anyways. I only bought the X5 because I want a portable hi res player, but it's looking like my OPO will likely fill that need.

Yes, I had the same feeling when I did the A-B testing with the Sony PHA-1.  It just amazes me how good the OPO is compared to all the phones I've used before, and it's weird that Oneplus never advertised the OPO's audio capabilities much. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #35 of 203
I heard some slight noise from OPO's headphone out with Westone ES3Xs, Neutron app and quiet piano music. I called the noise "slight" as it cannot be heard while loud/busy music is playing, nor from dynamic earphones (VSonic GR07).

If you are not listening for noise using really sensitive BA IEMs, you probably won't hear it. However, OPO's noise level does seem higher than my Sansa Clip+ or iPhone 3GS. OPO's output volume is louder though.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #36 of 203
Has anyone used their OPO with a FiiO E17?  I'm compiling a list of compatible DACs and have been able to confirm the E18, E07k, Sony PHA-1 and HiFiMeDIY TinyDAC.

I dimly recall reading corroboration for the OPO working with E17 and JDS Labs' C5D and O2+ODAC Combo. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to retrace my linksteps.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #37 of 203
I won't be able to test the sound quality difference between the OPO and the OPO with a E07K because I realized that I don't have an USB OTG cable. Once I pick one up I'll give it a try.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #39 of 203
I have tried my wife's OPO with HRT ustreamer with a flac music streaming service and the volume can either be set to mute or max. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #40 of 203
I have tried my wife's OPO with HRT ustreamer with a flac music streaming service and the volume can either be set to mute or max. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Two questions:

May I assume you mean an HRT DAC other than the ustreamer (which doesn't exist)?  If so, which one? I'd have thought you meant either the iStreamer or the iStreamer 12V, but those are designed to work with iDevices.  HRT seems to make six different portable USB DACs.

Did you try your HRT DAC with USB Audio Player/Recorder Pro alone or with other music players on the OPO as well -- ones that weren't dependent on driver-bypassing software?

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #41 of 203
No longer relevant.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #42 of 203
Guys you can buy this screen protector for Oneplus one.Best out there !
Check youtube video for a demonstration :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i1bVTJioGE
Check this insane testimonial :-
http://www.evolutivelabs.com/blogs/news/14082993-testimonial-for-rhino-shield-screen-protector
10% discount link :- http://evolutivelabs.refr.cc/H599NHB
Cheers !

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #43 of 203
I was just offered a 64gb OnePlus One; and am in need of a new phone.  This is tempting; is USB DAC stable?  I know it was flaky on my Nexus 5 (before i shattered it..), I had to restart the phone every time i plugged a DAC in...   Specifically; I want to sit down; plug my headphones into DAC, plug DAC into phone; and have everything work; same with if I disconnect.   Going into a menu and enabling/disabling would be fine...

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #44 of 203
  I was just offered a 64gb OnePlus One; and am in need of a new phone.  This is tempting; is USB DAC stable?  I know it was flaky on my Nexus 5 (before i shattered it..), I had to restart the phone every time i plugged a DAC in...   Specifically; I want to sit down; plug my headphones into DAC, plug DAC into phone; and have everything work; same with if I disconnect.   Going into a menu and enabling/disabling would be fine...

Based on my experience with the Sony ZA1, just plugging in the DAC and turning it on will have the OPO automatically transfer the audio to the DAC.  Unplug the DAC and the OPO headphone jack will work again.  Did this alot with my A-B tasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back