OnePlus One
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #136 of 203
  I just stayed stock running XNPH05Q update. I have an iBasso D-Zero I bought a few years back. Pretty much plug-n-play in my case, but It gives me sibilant whenever a song ends. 

Ok thanks and to be clear you can output beyond 44.1 directly from any app within the phone, or you are using the USB Player support Hires output?

I am trying to get hires output to the dac with any app that supports the file type.

Thanks in advance

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #138 of 203

Ok thanks and to be clear you can output beyond 44.1 directly from any app within the phone, or you are using the USB Player support Hires output?

I am trying to get hires output to the dac with any app that supports the file type.

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if I can reply you in the right way, but I will try my best. I am able to play 48.0khz on PowerAMP and Neutron. it bypasses the Yamaha chip and play it through this little DAC/AMP. I guess that's the same as how you described USB player support Hi res output.

how many clicks volume do you guys listen to music on the opo? (no amp)

I am using RE-400 and usually turn to 80% loud in train setting.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #140 of 203
  WOW! I have the v-sonic vsd3 I use 4 clicks.

Trains in Chicago are quite loud, and I like to ignore all people and all talking lol. (12 clicks in train)

I just turned off my TV. From complete silent to a desirable sound for myself, 7 clicks.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #142 of 203
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone have used Nexus 5? My friend is offering me his OPO. Will OPO be an upgrade from Nexus 5. I only have tried it for a while and it wasnt bad. My current gear are Westone W30 with Sony F886. I do prefer clear and detailed sound. Thank you
Best regards,
Creavasst

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #143 of 203
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone have used Nexus 5? My friend is offering me his OPO. Will OPO be an upgrade from Nexus 5. I only have tried it for a while and it wasnt bad. My current gear are Westone W30 with Sony F886. I do prefer clear and detailed sound. Thank you
Best regards,
Creavasst

The OPO is an upgrade to the Nexus 5 on all aspects. Sound is more detailed on my OPO than in my old N5 so go ahead and grab it! Bigger storage and better battery also helps. :) 

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #144 of 203
  The OPO is an upgrade to the Nexus 5 on all aspects. Sound is more detailed on my OPO than in my old N5 so go ahead and grab it! Bigger storage and better battery also helps. :) 

Generally agree.  I broke my beloved Nexus 5 around the launch of the OPO; and had an invite; so the OPO was the replacement.  I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality ever since. 

I will say that pure *side* could be a love or hate issue though.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #146 of 203

I am not sure if I can reply you in the right way, but I will try my best. I am able to play 48.0khz on PowerAMP and Neutron. it bypasses the Yamaha chip and play it through this little DAC/AMP. I guess that's the same as how you described USB player support Hi res output.

Thanks @Axesd, the usb player I was referring too is here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en

It can output on most phones to an external dac at the full resolution of the dac with this software.

So up to 384 k for my Hugo.

The OPO is supposed to be able to output 192k natively to the dac (so its above 48k already) with any software, without the use of this usb software (which has its own audio driver).

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #147 of 203
Ok, so have been listening  a bit to maxxaudio recently....specifically the maxx space capability...have you had any experience with it? 

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #148 of 203
Maxx audio us okay but it does tend to disconnect from time to time (need a cellphone reboot to relatch . I do prefer the old audio program that they have. With that said audio coming out of the audio Jack is good enough for a decent pair of cans and there's a little bit of distortion when using IEM's.

Mar 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #149 of 203
I disabled Maxxaudio via Titanium backup and installed Viper4Android.I am not sure if I am really getting better audio quality or it's just placebo but I am enjoying my music more than ever.

I first installed this :-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2634729
This claims to change source files to improve sound quality

Then I installed Viper4Android.
Used this guide :- https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/viper4android-for-cm11s-and-cm12-cm12s-zip-instructions.275788/

PS : Your device needs to be rooted to do this. Do this at your own risk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back