One small question about Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Feb 14, 2010 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

BadaJr

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Due to advices and random threads here, I have nearly decided to buy Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. They are completely matching my needs(high durability&portability, good with ipod without amp and good isolation). However, one last issue I need to ask about.

I read (saint.panda's review) that they are "OK for electronic music". Since I listen to electronic music very often(minimal techno, tech house and some experimental), I would be happier to read "better than ok for electronic music"...
smily_headphones1.gif
I have currently koss porta pro, so I guess I will improve anyway..

Thanks for any comment.

B

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 11
I know a lot of DJs, and this is pretty much the weapon of choice for those who can afford it, partially due to the great isolation for playing but also for the sound. I borrow one whenever I can to listen to my mixes - they have really awesome sound, hard hitting and clear.

I'm a dance music fan, more than audiophile, but I do know these sound good.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadaJr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be happier to read "better than ok for electronic music"...
smily_headphones1.gif
I have currently koss porta pro, so I guess I will improve anyway..

Thanks for any comment.

B

Okay, they are better than okay for electronic music. In fact, they are better than okay for a lot of music. Aside from being a bit expensive and special purpose, they are great; if your purpose fits into their specialty, they are even better.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KramitDfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know a lot of DJs, and this is pretty much the weapon of choice for those who can afford it, partially due to the great isolation for playing but also for the sound. I borrow one whenever I can to listen to my mixes - they have really awesome sound, hard hitting and clear.

I'm a dance music fan, more than audiophile, but I do know these sound good.
biggrin.gif

Sweet! I thought so, but I needed to confirm that.

I cannot wait to have them!!

Thanks a lot.

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, they are better than okay for electronic music. In fact, they are better than okay for a lot of music. Aside from being a bit expensive and special purpose, they are great; if your purpose fits into their specialty, they are even better.

Yeah, they are abit expensive, but I listen to music all the time, so it seems like a worthwhile investment!
smily_headphones1.gif
cannot wait.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually one more question, if I can...

I might buy them used (but they seem in great condition, they are from a head-fier), does it seem to you wise or should I rather invest the full amount and have them new? I found ones for 140dollars including postage costs in one eshop(dakmart.com), which was some time ago discussed here as not really good but now has quite good customer reviews...

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadaJr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might buy them used (but they seem in great condition, they are from a head-fier), does it seem to you wise or should I rather invest the full amount and have them new?

Nothing wrong with used from a good manufacturer like Sennheiser, as long as the seller is reputable.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 11
...........and modular.
I have 2 (they are the preferred 600ohm versions) - I like them paired with 1st gen. Nano and a current Xin Supermini (ha,ha try to get one now)

Also, you suggest you search UK and Aus. for closeout deals on HD25-13. These come with the best cable and have sold for $150 on closeout. Don't know if there are any left - but an excellent way to go.

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...........and modular.
I have 2 (they are the preferred 600ohm versions) - I like them paired with 1st gen. Nano and a current Xin Supermini (ha,ha try to get one now)

Also, you suggest you search UK and Aus. for closeout deals on HD25-13. These come with the best cable and have sold for $150 on closeout. Don't know if there are any left - but an excellent way to go.

Thnkx.

HD-13? an you please explain me, how it is with all the ending? I have seen HD-1 II, HD-1, HD-2 maybe... What is what I should buy, then? It seems to me, that I should get HD-1 II.

Yeah, I have noticed that there is a better cable to get than the original one. How can I see which one is better?
And soory, I did not completely get what you meant... where should I look for them for those 150?

Cheers!

sorry 4 probably silly questions, I am really junior head-fier...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back