One question for cable believers.
Aug 1, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 31
I'm not a cable-caring-guy, but i imagine if "they", those who feel cables make a difference, believe strongly in using different cables then "they" would also find plugs to be important since its part of the cable

just my $0.02, i'm interested in reading the coming responses

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 31
haven't a/b'd it

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 31
I can't imagine any cable believers thinking there's a difference between say, Furutech and Neutrik in sound.
The only jobs for plugs are to maintain safe electric connection between wire and connectors on components.

I believe there might be a difference between cables costing 5 dollars and 500 dollars, but not between cables costing 500 dollars and 5000++ dollars. Everything above 500 dollars are probably due to psycho acoustic. The more you pay for your cables the more you want to believe they make a difference.

500 dollars is just what I think might  be the limit where everything costing more is a waste of money. The real limit might be 700 dollars or 1000 dollars.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 31
Neutrik plugs sound much more majestic than most "original" plugs, but the detailing and "layers" is slightly worse.
At the same time, a Sennheiser plug is calm, cold and natural, compared to the Neutrik which is more exciting.
The small white Pailiccs greatly improves vocal intimacy and makes it more grainy.
The German ViaBlue will simply improve every single frequency.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 31
Plugs certainly make a large difference.  I don't hear anything without one!

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 31
Cable people believe that there is a sound difference from both construction techniques and metals used. The plugs in question may have different metals used and different construction techniques. It is simple if you believe in that sort of thing. If you don't it's fine too but people should find it simple logic that the plug would be a major contributor. I'm on a location listening to my headphones at a 49 foot pool in the sun as I'm writing this. This affects the sound. I have a friend on his way over with a bottle of booze, that will enhance the sound. Everything has a condition on the sound including your mental state.

Hard to prove, not at all scientific, results vary, time goes on, the same questions get asked, the same two answers get posted and the sun goes down at the end of the day. Just remember your sunset is anothers sunrise. At times it is all about perception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back