One last shot
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Schiso

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I recently posted here a thread about choosing my next universals and decided to opt to buy the 4r (sorry for posting again since i dont know how to delete my thread before)

I was influenced by threads here regarding Heir Audio, i really like their designs and I wanna seek for an advice.. Last shot.

I listen to these type of music:

Music from:
Mayday parade
Boys like girls
Nirvana
We the kings
All time low
Rocket to the moon
Other boy bands out there
Paramore
The script

Also from:
Jason mraz
Usher
Acoustics
One direction
Beyonce
And many more

Which do you think will suit me more?

3.Ai or 4.Ai?

Also i am wondering if i should get the premium version of 3.Ai incase it suits my taste.. Can you please enlighten me? Thanksssss!

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 6
The biggest difference to be mindful is which has true 3-way crossover.  If the 3ai has true 3-way crossover they will perform just fine, but if they are just 2-way crossover then there will be some definite crossover issues with the 3 drivers.

Be sure to check out this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622161/heir-audio-3-ai-impressions-comparisons-review-thread/165

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi NA, that's not how it works with crossovers. It's about the tuning. Having 3 BAs is no problem with a well-designed 2-way.

The 3A is a 3-way crossover. People really like both the 3A and the 4A. They are tuned for different sounds, so read about them first, then pick the one that suits you best.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Tuning may be the fix, but with the many pairs of Demo CIEMs I have tried I could easily hear audible issues with the 2-way crossover.  I settled on the JH 10 x3 Pro and find no issues with the crossover nor the sound signature for that matter.  I can definitely see how the 2-ways I was listening to were not ideally tuned, but in almost any case the crossover can be detected and more often than not heard.

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 6
I have read many reviews, i am asking people who have tried listening to these bands with the 3ai and 4ai. Thanks though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back