One hour left - what would you do before the end of the world?
Oct 23, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #121 of 169
Quote:

killing spree

With a tank...

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #122 of 169
Whatever i did, I'd make sure to reserve two minutes for some serious repenting.

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #123 of 169
Bummer....if a person wanted to do much for that hour; there could be some problems. Like; since everybody left work early, no phones, no electricity, no water, roads clogged with folks trying to get home, nobody running stores or resturants, or PUBS!

It'd be the end of the world, Before the end of the world.

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #124 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a lot of talk about cash, robbing, buying, etc. Do you think when the end of the world is coming, that your cash has any value at a store? Do you think the cashiers/clerks/security guards are going to stick around the stores?

The irony makes it funny. The incongruity between the [usually] expected and actual outcomes - get rich then the world ends.

We all know there is no point in doing it, but for the act itself.

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #125 of 169

Quote:
drop acid and enjoy the ride.

Don't forget to put on CNN to watch it live... then Pink Floyd's The Wall when the broadcast ends
popcorn.gif

...and don't forget to max out the credit cards, I win Visa!

Yeah it's an old thread... but I found it 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #126 of 169
I would start a new thread on Head-Fi and ask for opinions for what to do and the best way to spend the last hour of humanity??..
biggrin.gif

If we had longer time, say 3~4 hours, maybe I would have come up with some options and started a poll..

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #129 of 169
This or if it was truly the end, no chance of survival, I'd be snuggling and being with my kids.

Quote:
I'd be doing whatever I could to try and survive.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #130 of 169

Quote:
This or if it was truly the end, no chance of survival, I'd be snuggling and being with my kids.

Quote:

Well, I'd be reluctant to believe the government/press in regard to inevitable doom. After all, the Earth has been struck many times by asteroids, and something has survived all of those events. I have a place to go to. I've been into survivalism in one form or another since the 80's. The Yellowstone caldera could easily produce a localised catastrophe on the level of an asteroid strike, so that's something that's been planned for. (As much as one can plan for that). In any case I'd want to go out fighting rather than indulging in hedonistic activity.

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #131 of 169

well, living on a tropical island and just a 3 minute walk from the beach, I would just chill out on the beach with my loved ones and contemplate. 
..then grab a surf board and try to ride that mother of a wave that will hit the island the last few minutes...
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #132 of 169
^ Best answer yet. But Moontan13 makes some valid points as well. I don't think that the end of humanity would happen immediately LevA, because even if life on earth totally ended the bastards that decided to finally clue us in would be watching it happen from their freakin' space station (and probably toasting their good fortune with the finest booze left in existence).

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #133 of 169
Yeah...you're right...screw my kids. They'll just slow me down anyways 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well, I'd be reluctant to believe the government/press in regard to inevitable doom. After all, the Earth has been struck many times by asteroids, and something has survived all of those events. I have a place to go to. I've been into survivalism in one form or another since the 80's. The Yellowstone caldera could easily produce a localised catastrophe on the level of an asteroid strike, so that's something that's been planned for. (As much as one can plan for that). In any case I'd want to go out fighting rather than indulging in hedonistic activity.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #134 of 169

Quote:
well, living on a tropical island and just a 3 minute walk from the beach, I would just chill out on the beach with my loved ones and contemplate. 
..then grab a surf board and try to ride that mother of a wave that will hit the island the last few minutes...
biggrin.gif

your board better be lava proof...ya never know what actually ends the earth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back