One Album to Impress the Girls?
Jul 14, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #31 of 75
Quote:

I believe you'd get your ass kicked for playing something like that

and then she would call her boyfriend over to help her steal your stereo.
biggrin.gif

Put the best of Bill Withers on and in front of your collection. I gave this to a girl as a going away present at a party and another girl just jumped in and started raving about it. She started describing all the songs and basically said they were all about getting into bed with you. YES!

Jul 14, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #33 of 75
id play slayer or the misfits and slowly repeat the lyrics back to her...

"corpses hung high
their heads have gone limp
five is enough to suffice
and the blood drains down like devils rain
we'll play tonight....

I WAAAANT YOUR SKULLLLL
I NEEEEEED YOUR SKULLLLL"

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I'd like to repeat that this isn't a thread requesting help! I am not asking for recommendations!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I'm not.

If a woman responded positively to the album featured in your avatar, she would be a keeper!

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #36 of 75
Tenacious D

Getting straight to the point.

Preferably the songs "Kielbasa", "**** Her Gently", and "Double Team".

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #37 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Fox
Whatever Dr. Art says is the correct one...

But it only works 25% of the time!
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #40 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunByrne
If your goal is to impress her with your audio gear, you don't deserve to have a girl over at your place to begin with.
tongue.gif

If your goal is to set the mood, then you want Roxy Music's Avalon.

eek.gif

Good choice. The (somewhat) updated analogue is Portishead's first record.

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #42 of 75
It depends on the girl.

"Michelle" -- a stripper. Would probably put Nine Inch Nails -- she likes to rock.

"Chloe" -- an eclectic type. Would probably put Talk Talk on, either Spirit of Eden or Laughing Stock.

"Melissa" -- blind date. I'd probably put that recent Paul Anka disk of covers, or perhaps Nouvelle Vague. Or, if the mood is something that humour could possibly ruin, Jenifer Smith's Code Mesa.

"Jessica" -- a raver. Would probably put on some nice electronica like Kraftwerk or Little Computer People or something.

"Jennifer" -- an indie type. Halou, Wiser or Notwist, Neon Golden.

"Lisa" -- a bar hag (for lack of a better term) -- Buzzcocks. Don't know why, just think she'd like them.

Jul 16, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #43 of 75
for some reason, most of the girls i hang out with have something for either NIN or sufjan stevens.

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyrabbit
ok, i have the garden state OST. i've listened to it quite recently...i felt it was mediocre at the best. someone explain why this is appropriate when a girl comes over?

Well, any girl/guy from 15 to 30 seems to love it right now or at least in the past year or so...it's a phenomenon I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back