On/over ear workout headphones recommendation?
Oct 3, 2020 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alexgurr

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I currently have the Plantronics Backbeat FITs, which I’ve owned since the start of 2018. They’ve held up pretty well in rain, runs and the gym. However I’m more and more often noticing the terrible audio quality, lack of noise cancelling and the creakiness of the plastic. They fall off when i tilt my head forwards too.

I’m in the market for an upgrade. Currently it’s looking like there’s only really two viable options, the adidas RPT01s and the JBl under armour sport wireless trains.

Both have mixed reviews, with tight fits and questionable audio quality. The adidas don’t look like they have noise cancelling.

There aren’t a lot of reviews and comparisons on the web for these types of workout headphones. Keen to hear people’s thoughts/recommendations and experiences!

Budget isn’t really a factor. I’d say my head was average size, maybe on the smaller side. Long hair, but i workout with it in a bun, so short hair for the purpose of headphones/fit. Music is a mix but generally heavy rock/metal/electronic. Plenty of bass, less vocals.

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I use the Bose QC35's most days for working out. Noise cancelling, convenience of bluetooth (and having a physical switch to trigger moving between devices), and reasonable sound (comparatively). Spare pads, etc are pretty easy and cheap to come by as well. My pair have definitely taken some punishment over the years, but they haven't failed once and the battery life is still good. Definitely one to look at, imho.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 3
I guess my issue is I get quite sweaty and would be nervous about an expensive, non-workout oriented pair of headphones. Especially if I was to be outside running and it started raining, as they usually have 0 water protection.

As headphones go, the ones you linked are quite good though. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back