On-ear headphones for kids <= $100
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JAgostoni

New Head-Fier
I did a bit of searching through the forums and found some good advice on headphones and some older threads on headphones for kids. I thought I might try to be a little more specific about what I am looking for and get some opinions.

I am looking for a set of headphones for my 7yo daughter to go with her iPad mini. She'll be primarily using them on airplanes when we travel and probably sometimes in the car and most likely for movies and games. Noise isolation would be pretty important here but over-the-ear headphones may prove a little less travel friendly, in my opinion.

She has used my Bose on-ear headphones and they fit her well and she finds them very comfortable so I probably don't need headphones that go down to "kid size" but rather are lighter and don't clam too hard for her head.

Lastly, she loves Pink and Purple so that is a pretty high concern to get something girly ... something I am having a hard time balancing quality with girly and price.

I have looked into:
- Sennheiser PX-200 ... so far in the lead, they come in white. Pink would be better!
- Urbanears Plattan ... they come in Pink but I can't seem to find any reliable reviews on these, probably for a good reason
- Beats by Dr. Dre ... too expensive, I personally do not like the sound and they don't fit that great on her head.

Quick summary:
- Under $100, even less would be nice
- Lightweight, don't clamp too hard, travel-friendly
- Girly! (Pink, Purple, etc.)
- Used with her iPad mini for movies/games
- Used primarily on an airplane, and car
- Sound doesn't suck. I want her to know what good sound should be!
- Not concerned with volume limiting features, etc. but won't turn down advice on that!

Thanks! Looking forward to some good opinions.

P.S. I am not really interested in opinions on the Bose headphones that I have (and like) but if you must comment please feel free to do that after some advice on my topic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back