On Ear Headphones for 100$
Mar 30, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #22 of 32
So what you mean to tell me is that all these years headphone manufacturers were getting it wrong with ear cup size including Sennheiser, then they debut the Momentum and made the perfect over ear sized cup with this single headphone. Everybody, a new standard has been set for perfect ear cup size according to GREQ and he will battle with all it takes to prove it.

You get the shoes, I'll get bigger ear pads. lol

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #24 of 32
  Really?
Is that the best you can do? C'mon, we had something going there.

hahaha wow you must really be a tiny dude to have such a knee jerk reaction to someone mentioning little people. Does mentioning little people necessarily portray someone who just happens to be little in a negative light? No. However you took the knee jerk reaction and assumed it was something negative rather than just using an adjective.

This is a particular sensitive button for you. Sorry for the hurt lil guy. hahahaha

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #25 of 32
Haha can one of you guys stop this ear size nonsense. I think this thread is about headphones and not your hurt egos.

To answer the question there are many good on ear headphones for $100 but which ones are the best for you depends on what you want to do with them. What exactly are you looking for? Durability, wireless connectibity, good bass, great comfort...? Do you want them to look good and have that "cool" factor or not? You can go ask people on the forum to give you some recommendations, but you'll only get subjective opinions.

I like Sennheiser momentums as well and I'm actually thinking about getting them, but this is probably because I like the Sennheiser brand and the design of this specific model. Of course they sound good as well, but this isn't my main concern because I know that if I want to get the absolute best sound quality I'm not getting it for $100.

You can check cnet or headphonesaddict or headroom for more recommendations of possible models you'd be interested in, you'll soon figure out what best suits your needs.

I check which are the most popular models (because these tend to be good value for money) read some reviews and base my decision on that. I'm not saying I'm the expert and know-it-all but I've always been happy with my purchases.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #26 of 32
  Haha can one of you guys stop this ear size nonsense. I think this thread is about headphones and not your hurt egos.

No I completely agree. It has nothing to do with ear size or ear pads or even headphones. Just a little misunderstanding and hurt feelings about the word "little" and a high sensitivity and resulting over reaction to the use of it. I'm done. 

If someone could give some feedback on the other headphones the op is wanting some opinions on that would be great.

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #27 of 32
Thanks for getting this thread back on track haha. First of all comfort is important- I'll wear my cans for a long time. About the sound, I prefer a neutral sound, but some boost to either bass, mids or treble is OK.  Musts are a metal headband for durability and a detachable cable (no bluetooth). Also, I prefer my headphones big as my head is big as well. When looks are concerned, I don't care that much.
By these details, are there any headphones you know which I can buy? I've been thinking about the JBL Synchros S300 and AKG Y50 as I can get them here in my country with warranty and cheap, and they sound pretty good. 
Thanks

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #28 of 32
hahaha wow you must really be a tiny dude to have such a knee jerk reaction to someone mentioning little people. Does mentioning little people necessarily portray someone who just happens to be little in a negative light? No. However you took the knee jerk reaction and assumed it was something negative rather than just using an adjective.

This is a particular sensitive button for you. Sorry for the hurt lil guy. hahahaha

*yawn* 

you're no fun at all.
I was hoping that would last at least another 2 pages. I'll have to amuse myself elsewhere. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #29 of 32
I actually purchased a pair of these, when the "pistachio" colored variety were selling for $69.99. After reading many consumer reviews, from many different sources, I decided to go ahead and give them a shot. I had a pair of OTE headphones that had broken and needed a new pair anyway.
I can personally, IMBO, attest to not only the quality of these cans, but they are THE most comfortable pair of HP's I have ever owned. It's amazing that some people complain that they are too tight. With a little common sense, you can actually bend the stainless steel headband to loosen the tension on your ears, if you find them to be too tight. Imagine that?
I am just getting them broke in and can attest to the very accurate freq. resp. of these on-the-ear Sennheiser's. When I first received them, they were very Bass heavy and the midrange to treble seemed to be a little muddy on the mid end and flat (not shiny) on the higher end freq.
After 4 months of breaking them in gradually, they have become much more refined. The Bass is now tighter, the mids are clearer and more natural and the highs are just right for my ears. Not too harsh, but still nice and shimmery. I have never been able to keep Grado's, as they are just so harsh. They cause audible fatigue very quickly and I just can't continue to use them, not to mention that they really are not comfortable at all. Maybe they should try updating the design and climb out of the same old 70's look and build. Everybody has their. Own opinion, I understand this, so please don't judge me for having my own. It could be that I am in my 50's now and suffer from an inner ear disorder called Menieres Disease? Who knows?
I love the material used for the ear cushion covering by Senny. I can use these for hours on end and (once you tune in the headband to give appropriate ear cup pressure) the earphones melt into the background and you forget you are even wearing them! I didn't really care what color they were, for what I paid for them, as I was buying them for the audio quality and comfort most purchasers were commenting on. Once they arrived at my door and opened them, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the muted, sheen color. Very nicely constructed, also. These should last for years to come.....n.
These are the first pair of on-the-ear headphones I have ever owned. After being a little apprehensive at first, I can honestly say they would have been worth the original $229.00 retail price. I really love them that much. I have owned well over 15 pair of headhones, as well as a few in-ear phones (when they hit the personal audio market) and I would have to say that these are one of the best pair of HP's I have ever purchased (actually stole for 70 bucks). They are not as good as a pair of AKG's I used to own, but those were $600 headphones.
Overall, it would be hard not to give these 5⭐s out of 5.
I really haven't found a real weakness yet. Plus, they come with 2 pair of ingenious removable headphone cords, one plain black on and one with an inline remote/mic for Apple products (which I luckily own). They both easily fit and twist 1/2 turn to solidly hold them in. They also come with a silk-like pull cover and double, heavy duty zipped felt hard case for storage. Nice touch for this price range!
Being permanently disabled going on 10 years now and unable to drive anymore, due to disability, I am at home 95% of the time and use them A LOT. I can, without reservation, highly recommend these Sennheiser headphones!

P.S. I just love how inept some people can be. They are the ones who should not give reviews. Like the guy on Amazon who gave these 1⭐, because he could hardly get the phones over his "small" ears. LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back