On-ear headphones <$350
May 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Hubert007

New Head-Fier
[size=13.0pt]Hello,[/size]

[size=13.0pt]I have been looking at some headphones for past few weeks and I am thinking about spending some serious money on a decent pair of portable headphones. I want the headphones to be medium size (on-ear headphones) and I would consider the perfect size around the same as the Beats by dre solo hd. I like to listen to alot of music genres from R&B, Hip Hop, Electronic to Dubstep and I like the deep bass. [/size]

[size=13.0pt]I consider headphones to be a fashion accessories as well as the main purpose which is the sound quality so for the price I want some great looking headphones.[/size]

[size=13.0pt]The headphones which I have been looking at are the Beats by Dre Solo HD as I kind of love the design and I would say they sound pretty good for the price which I can get them for which is around $100.[/size]
[size=13.0pt]I was also looking at some boses as I have a pair of earphones and they do sound pretty amazing but I hate the way that the bose headphones look, I just can't stand the cheap looking ****. I also own 2 pairs of sennheisers and you can’t really complain about the quality of the sound and the build quality but this time I want more the great sound quality I want the headphones to look amazing as well. [/size]

[size=13.0pt]I need help in deciding what headphones I should get for around $350 which I will be using at daily basis in college, outside, gym, home and work. This time as I said I expect more then sound quality I want them to be really fashionable and obviously sound "half decent" as well... :) [/size]

May 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 18
what is your [size=medium]fashion[/size] taste...post some photos.
tongue.gif

i head this pair, sounds phenomenal...
black leather, white threaded pads,
glossy shinny black deathly..lol.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-Master-Mike-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003YL3LA8

or u wan something more sober, sombre....
TDK ST700...

or sporty, addidas hd25...

or some beaten up beats lookalikes..

or unbreakable beyer 1350 with steel calipers..

hmmm...
popcorn.gif

May 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 18
Ever taken a look at the V-Moda M-80s?  They look great and sound just as good!  They sound good for pretty much any genre, though might lack a biiit of the really deep sub-bass rumble that dubstep or dnb likes to use.

May 31, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
Ever taken a look at the V-Moda M-80s?  They look great and sound just as good!  They sound good for pretty much any genre, though might lack a biiit of the really deep sub-bass rumble that dubstep or dnb likes to use.

[size=13.0pt]Thanks for the replay and I will check them out and compare them once I get few options to pick from. So far they look good but not to sure keen on the design as it has the whole futuristic gaming look and I am looking something more contemporary and simplistic like the beats and ones which I have showed.[/size]

May 31, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

[size=13.0pt]Thanks for the replay and I will check them out and compare them once I get few options to pick from. So far they look good but not to sure keen on the design as it has the whole futuristic gaming look and I am looking something more contemporary and simplistic like the beats and ones which I have showed.[/size]

If something more contemporary is more to your tastes, then maybe something like the B&W P3 or P5?  The P3 is really new and doesn't have many reviews yet though...

I seriously wouldn't recommend the Beats Solo though, I personally think they sound like crap and they're made almost entirely out of cheap plastic and are known to break really easily.

May 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
If something more contemporary is more to your tastes, then maybe something like the B&W P3 or P5?  The P3 is really new and doesn't have many reviews yet though...

I seriously wouldn't recommend the Beats Solo though, I personally think they sound like crap and they're made almost entirely out of cheap plastic and are known to break really easily.

I quite like the P3 and this is a really intressting option and I will do some research on them. I am not audiophile in any way and I just want decent headphones as I am willing to spend quite alot on them and I really don't want to go for the beats as I have read so many bad reviews but they are in my top 3 best looking headphones so its a hard decision :frowning2: 

Thanks for the replay again.. :)

May 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

+1 to this. Build quality is atrocious and the sound is mediocre for the price, although for $100 it isn't too bad. Still, you could find better at $100 and much better inside $350.

May 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

+1 to this. Build quality is atrocious and the sound is mediocre for the price, although for $100 it isn't too bad. Still, you could find better at $100 and much better inside $350.

I was doing some research now and I think I have fell in love with the design of the new Diesel Vektr by Monster. I mean there is nothing which I would change about this design its just the way I would describe my perfect headphones. The question now would you guys say its worth it the price and do any of you have more information about these headphones. Tell me what you think about these headphones guys need some opinnions..

http://www.dieselbymonster.com/

May 31, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
No clue, never seen a single review of them...I don't even know if they've been released yet.

From the research which I have done I think they came out like a week ago and John Lewis is selling them for £250 ($385). Its a hard descion as they seem really overpriced here in UK but they do look amazing and from what Diesel and Monster claims they sound just as good as they look. I will probably wiat few days/weeks and see what people think about the sound quality.

May 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:
From the research which I have done I think they came out like a week ago and John Lewis is selling them for £250 ($385). Its a hard descion as they seem really overpriced here in UK but they do look amazing and from what Diesel and Monster claims they sound just as good as they look. I will probably wiat few days/weeks and see what people think about the sound quality.

I wouldn't trust Monster's word on sound quality as far as I could throw it...they're the ones who said that the Beats Solo sounded great.

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
It seems like for you:
Design > Soundquality
Just go for the Monster then, if you never heard something better, u wont find it too bad.

[size=13.0pt]Well yeah its true as I said I want something more then just a sound quality this time.. I have owned a pair of Sennheiser RS 180 for a long time now and its seems like they are always just laying around and I don't use them much as I am always out. I want portable headphones which I can use outside and people wont point fingers at me saying how stupid I look with my dench headphones. Lets be honest I am not a audiophile in anyway and as long as the sound is above the average then I would be happy with the headphones and I am sure that monster delivery above average sound quality.[/size]

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Price on the official website is listed as $280, so I wouldn't pay any more than that if I were you. Here's a link: http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6117

Monster's non-Beats products tend to be a better value, but you really should wait for some legitimate reviews before you pull the trigger on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back