On August 30, 2022, FiiO 2022 Autumn Launch Event will get to us. Let's stay tuned for it!
Aug 31, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #31 of 49
My experience with MMCX has been horrible. No thanks.
The marketing department of literally every major headphone company would disagree.

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #33 of 49
Not sure how I feel about the "semi-open" part. I generally use my IEMs to drown out any background noise (my office has noise generators installed, one right above my desk, that sound like an A/C blowing).
The FA9 isolate like earplugs if you use them with form (not the ones the come with it though).

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #35 of 49
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #36 of 49
I have 4 IEM with MMCX and never had any issues so far
I have a similar amount of IEM's and never had an issue with MMCX, but then again I dont constantly disconnect and reconnect the cable from the IEM as this will no matter how good the connector is eventually wear out the connection.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #37 of 49
I have a similar amount of IEM's and never had an issue with MMCX, but then again I dont constantly disconnect and reconnect the cable from the IEM as this will no matter how good the connector is eventually wear out the connection.
Exactly. It's not like those cables break every few days.

I trust MMCX more then I trust 2-pin. I've seen so many images online with stuck/broken pins.

Luckily I only have two 2-pin In-Ear

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #38 of 49
@FiiO I’m very interested in the HS18 tips. Do they fit the FH9, and when can Inorder them?

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #39 of 49
I will never understand the open nature of IEMs with poor passive noise isolation. Whats the use case of such a product if you can't really take it outside. I guess some buying them and there is a market for it. I tried the FH5s from amazon but returned it within 2 weeks.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #41 of 49
So is this FH7S better than the FH7? What will be the price for Europe and from when will it be available?
I have the FH7, is it worth the change for the FH7S or better to go to the FH9?

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #42 of 49
I will never understand the open nature of IEMs with poor passive noise isolation. Whats the use case of such a product if you can't really take it outside. I guess some buying them and there is a market for it. I tried the FH5s from amazon but returned it within 2 weeks.
I love my semi-open FD7 iem, gives me kind of the feeling as listening to open cans, but without the need for desktop source/amplification or even bulkier portable ones. (I always have my phone on me, so just need a little dongle plus the iem) I can move freely in the house doing my stuff, listening to great sound and not even disturbing anyone around me. Isolation with music running isn’t that bad actually.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #43 of 49
I almost exclusively buy open or semi-closed IEM now. It feels great when the air pressure in the ear canal stays normal. A new dimension of immersion, IMO.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #44 of 49
I almost exclusively buy open or semi-closed IEM now. It feels great when the air pressure in the ear canal stays normal. A new dimension of immersion, IMO.
That is exactly why do tips exist.

The very first closed IEM ever created were shipped with foam to that exact reason

Sep 1, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #45 of 49
That is exactly why do tips exist.

The very first closed IEM ever created were shipped with foam to that exact reason
Wait, foam tips balance air pressure? I actually didn't know that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back