On a mission to like jazz
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #2,476 of 5,031
4 -- Fourplay

Stolen Moments -- Lee Ritenour
'Stolen Moments' is performed by
Andreas Varady, Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenour. Not Fourplay. Lee Ritenour did play with Fouplay from '91-'98, though.
I can't get enough of Fourplay or any of the band members who've played or currently play
in the band. I enjoy their music very much. :)

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #2,478 of 5,031
'Stolen Moments' is performed by
Andreas Varady, Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenour. Not Fourplay. Lee Ritenour did play with Fouplay from '91-'98, though.
I can't get enough of Fourplay or any of the band members who've played or currently play
in the band. I enjoy their music very much. :)
Agreed. I just recently stumbled across Fourplay and I can't get enough of them.

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #2,479 of 5,031
Never heard of fourplay. Just fired them up on tidal and really enjoy "Silver"!

Agreed. I just recently stumbled across Fourplay and I can't get enough of them.
There's also some excellent stuff out there from the band members (past & present) solo or with other Jazz artists as well. for starters you can check out Two Of A Kind by Bob James & Earl Klugh. I'm sure you'll both enjoy it very much.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #2,480 of 5,031
You guys ever listing to the Rippingtons? Don't see them talked about much, just curious if I am in the minority. They remind me of a super high energy Fourplay haha.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,481 of 5,031
You guys ever listing to the Rippingtons? Don't see them talked about much, just curious if I am in the minority. They remind me of a super high energy Fourplay haha.
I have a few Jazz Various Artists Cds which have The Rippingtons. I like some of the songs that I'm familiar with, but as you mentioned, they have a fast tempo which isn't really my preference, though. I'll do some searching on the Rippingtons tonight on Tidal being I'm limited to my experience with their music.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2,482 of 5,031
Yep. Saw them in concert once or twice. Great!

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,486 of 5,031
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,487 of 5,031
Hi all. New to this thread, and fairly new to jazz, most of my listening has been rock/metal and classical until I discovered Kind Of Blue about a year ago, since then I've fallen in love with jazz. Just thought I'd share with you all what I've been listening to this eve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back