OMG, xin amp is getting even smaller
Sep 11, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 64
Amazing, but with only 1 AAA battery, there might not be enough juice.

Props to Xin for making all things small and great
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2003 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 64
The "Boostaroo" inline amp is about the same size, although it has lousy SQ (uses 2 AA batteries, the Xin appears to use a voltage booster instead). The size doesn't surprise me as much as wondering how these could be made so small without expensive automated techniques -- will these be hand soldered, or what?

Sep 11, 2003 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
The "Boostaroo" inline amp is about the same size, although it has lousy SQ (uses 2 AA batteries, the Xin appears to use a voltage booster instead). The size doesn't surprise me as much as wondering how these could be made so small without expensive automated techniques -- will these be hand soldered, or what?

Actually it's a bit bigger than Xin's amp (regrettably, I have a Boosteroo
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 11, 2003 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Actually it's a bit bigger than Xin's amp (regrettably, I have a Boosteroo

I am also a member of Team Boostaroo, and yes, it is considerably larger and bulkier than even the standard Super-mini's.

This new one is just amazing. Say what you want, but I think Xin is a freaking genius! Major props to him. He is missed on this board.

Sep 11, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #11 of 64
<neo> whoa....... </neo>

I can dig something that small since my mp3 player is already mega small This would be AWESOME as a "remote" that you can clip on to your clothes/bag or something.

Sep 11, 2003 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 64
He uses oven to reflow solder in order to attach SMD parts. Also possible to do it by hand but you need to be skilled. It uses DC-DC convertor to up the voltage so there is enough voltage.

Sep 11, 2003 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 64
As neat and amazing as this is, I wonder about the battery life on this latest model.

Sep 11, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #14 of 64
it'll probably suck, but still.

WHOOoOoW

Sep 11, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #15 of 64
I want one of these! I wonder about the battery life too but with only a single AAA it shouldn't be hard keep a spare handy. If it really does have the potiential to sound better then the supermini it will be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back