OMG what have I done
Aug 31, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #31 of 58
I am going to look into getting a replacement cable for the HD650's.

At least that way if I still dont like them I can always use the cable on the HD600's.

I really appreciate all the info you guys are giving me.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don/t exagerrate. if you love 600, 650 can't be TORTURE ti your ears, they not that different. try to limit your lie...

The HD650's to my ears are a million miles away from what the HD600's sound like.

This is why I am so suprised and really confused.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #34 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD650's to my ears are a million miles away from what the HD600's sound like.

Uh oh; It looks as though you are already discovering a fact of life that may be a major part of your undoing. And that's that after a few minutes one set of phones will sound just as good as another, but that one set will sound better on one type of music than on another.

The HD650s will sound great on one style while the HD600 will sound better on another while a set of Grados will sound better yet on something else!

One day you'll want to sit in the back of the hall, the next day up on stage!

I can sit near the back, I can sit near the front, and I can sit in the studio. But I Want More!!

It's an illness I tell ya.
frown.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

That say's to me that either you got a bad pair of one or the other, from my experience they should be in the same room. The 650s a little more defined and better bass but not miles apart. I kept the 650s and sold the 600s which should be the logical choice based on the Sennheiser pricing & marketing or are they selling the models the wrong way around?

I've told you a million times - don't overstate.
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #36 of 58
I see you live in stevenage, its a shame cause I live in south london but your way north of me, I would of liked nothing more than to invite you around for a cuppa and you could hear for yourself.

I have so far spent over £600, I only came on here to get advice about an ipod!!

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don/t exagerrate. if you love 600, 650 can't be TORTURE ti your ears, they not that different. try to limit your lie...

You have no idea how different the 2 cans sound, do you?

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 = 600 with more bass and less treble, and some refinement.

Correction

HD650 = HD600 with a faster driver, lots more bass, rolled off treble but with a mild boost in upper mids / lower treble. Which one is more refined is left up to the ears of the listener - I can happily listen to balanced HD600 rigs, but I for the life of me cannot start liking HD650.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #41 of 58
Just get your HD-600s back and be happy. Many people like the 600s better than the 650s. Don't force yourself to enjoy something. You should enjoy something from the beginning and if it gets even better over time, consider yourself lucky.

Edit: Opps, i see you already are trying to get your 600s back.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

I cant take no more of these HD650's.

If there is anyone out there who wants a shiny new pair, only 3 days old and has a pair of HD600's in good condition I want them.

To the FS/FT forums!

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 = HD600 with a faster driver, lots more bass, rolled off treble but with a mild boost in upper mids / lower treble. Which one is more refined is left up to the ears of the listener - I can happily listen to balanced HD600 rigs, but I for the life of me cannot start liking HD650.

Well, the difference is pretty big, it's not "a small difference" by far. The hd650 does do vocals better because of the more apparent midrange. Now that I've gotten used to the hd650, 600 seems actually a bit shrill
smily_headphones1.gif
Where's the fullness
lambda.gif

HD650 has bass. But it doesn't have almost any treble compared straight to the hd650.

If you plug the hd650 something that works well with the hd600 you may get a very different sound. Strange.

HD650 is for me. But it does require better matching with equipment or risk going too bassy.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

I see you live in stevenage, its a shame cause I live in south london but your way north of me, I would of liked nothing more than to invite you around for a cuppa and you could hear for yourself.

I have so far spent over £600, I only came on here to get advice about an ipod!!

If you were closer we could compare my 650s (well run in) with yours on both a balanced setup and single-ended.

Not sure if they Turnkey in Charing Cross Road still have the same display with a load of headphones on permanent demo but you could phone them to see iff you could try a pair of HD600 & HD650 in the shop to see if they are that different to you (or you have a dodgy pair).

BTW where did you get them? There was a thread talking about Senns from a Chinese origin which sounded a little dubious.

I'm a North Londoner and like the taxi's don't go the other side of the river
icon10.gif
(much).

Steve

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #45 of 58
Well funny you should mention Turnkey that's exactly where I got them from.

They have a nice display of headphones but the ridiculous thing is they are all rigged up to a 4th gen ipod, Hehe the hd650's hardly made a sound.

I often visit north london to see my beloved Tottenham Hotspurs play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back