OMG - I have bass in my life again
Oct 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Networkguy

New Head-Fier
I posted the other day about my IE6s falling apart after 6 months and how I had never been truly happy with them as they have always lacked bass.

So Amazon have been great and have given me a full refund without question so I am now trying to work out what to replace them with.

So in the meantime I have dug out a pair of Genius IEMs from my desk drawer that cost me £10 from Maplins.

OMG. These things totally wipe the floor with the IE6s that I have just returned. Rich deep bass that you can feel, crisp top notes and a solid sound that sounds like music should.

So I really have to question the IE6s now. How can a £10 set of cheap cheap IEMs blow away something costing ten times the cost?

So now I am really confused as to what to buy with the £100 refund Amazon just sent me.

Any clues?

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 7
If you really like the £10 IEM, keep them keep the refund and never come back. It will save you alot.

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 7
Ah but the point is not about the quality of the bass, it's about having any bass at all.

I have other high end non IEM headphones that offer a far superior sound to these £10 things but still have similar bass levels. My concerns are around the IE6s having no bass at all by comparison.

My thinking is that the returned IEMs were either faulty from day one or even fake (however I would not expect the latter from Amazon).

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 7
If you need bass from an IEM. Super Fi 5EB's on ebay are around your price mark.

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More bass != quality of bass!

yes, I like my bass too, I truely do, but it's important to make this distinction!

Java? lol

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 7
my humble suggestion is you grab 1 or 2 more Genius IEMs .... after all, some of the best things in life do not entail breaking the bank

i agree with bass presence.. i can not stand transducers which miserably lack bass (i do not have IE6, hence, i am not pertaining to this one).. i was misconstrued as a basshead many times as my username does not qualify details... to start with bass presence is already a very good start... to go further, i prefer ample amount of well controlled bass which simulate "near live" SQ

congrats on your rediscovery and thanks for sharing.. who knows i might hunt for a Genius IEM myself
wink.gif

cheers !!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back