Death - The Sound of Persevenance
Rammstein - Mutter
R.E.M. - Accelerate
In Flames - Come Clarity
Metallica - Black

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #17 of 33
380838-1151123917.jpg

Sunday at the Village Vanguard, Bill Evans Trio

This is a classic live recording of a master. No studio trickery and the HD-650 will show off the subtle details of noise in the audience. It's not distracting - it puts you there in the club.

2385737.jpg

Flow Motion, CAN

This is one of the very, very few commercial binaural recordings. The HD-650 grooves on the low end and the binaural technique is immersive. Highly recommended.

neutralmilkhotel-intheaeroplaneoverthesea.jpg

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, Neutral Milk Hotel

Just because I love this album.

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by yepyep_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Damnation
Pendulum - In Silico
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Machinae Supremacy - Overworld
Death - The Sound of Persevenance
Rammstein - Mutter
R.E.M. - Accelerate
In Flames - Come Clarity
Metallica - Black

Very nice list.
cool.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #19 of 33
the led zeppelin remasters are all out and they sound great too...its been years since i listened to Led Zep (after OD'ing on them in the 80's) and it is delightful to listen once again and with a better lay down

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 33
There's some awesome stuff in this thread. Thanks guys and gals! I'm burning my new setup in and I'm currently listening to Radiohead's Amnesiac. I will be listening to some Pink Floyd next. I love this audio bliss!!!

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #22 of 33
Even though I'm not even a fan of his, after geting my D2000's, listening to Jack Johnson was amazing. In particular, In Between Dream's, "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" and "Breakdown" just sound absolutely fantastic. Give those two songs a chance. Also, Sigur Ros' "Takk". Not much I can say about that album that already hasnt been said.

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though I'm not even a fan of his, after geting my D2000's, listening to Jack Johnson was amazing. In particular, In Between Dream's, "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" and "Breakdown" just sound absolutely fantastic. Give those two songs a chance. Also, Sigur Ros' "Takk". Not much I can say about that album that already hasnt been said.

Damn, brother, you weren't kidding with Jack Johnson's "Breakdown" - I'm not normally a fan, but that song sounds great! Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 33
Tool- Lateralus or Aenima
Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible
Porcupine Tree- In Absentia
Rage Against the Machine - self titled

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #25 of 33
also any Nine Inch Nails sounds excellent... and theres always the Beatles....

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GravityEyelids /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also any Nine Inch Nails sounds excellent... and theres always the Beatles....

I just listened to a few songs off the Fragile and then Pretty Hate Machine; sounds excellent, and nice use of bass. I've got some Johnny Cash (American IV) on too; I'm loving it.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #28 of 33
Listen to whatever your favourite cd is!
wink.gif

Otherwise:
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland (Voodoo chile - slight return is my alltime favourite track on headphones)
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Most Dire Straits stuff is well recorded too.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #29 of 33
Best part about this thread is that he op (Garret) is actually giving feedback on the recommendations.

Now that I have my current pair of cans and amp I find myself listening to music that I would never have even attempted to listen to just months prior. I'd rather listen to something that sounds fantastic on my setup over any of my favorite songs. Seems the stuf I grew up loving just isn't as fun to listen to anymore.

I mentioned Sigur Ros before. If you want more specific songs try "Glosoli" and "Seaglopur". the prior sounds fantastic LOUD. The fact that I don't even understand 1 word they're saying doesn't even matter the music sounds that incredible. If you like Radiohead you'll probably love them.

Few others...
Red HOuse Painters - Have you Forgotten
Dave Matthews Band - Jimi Thing (awesome soundstage)
Sublime - Garden Grove
311 - Do you Right
Dave Matthews Band - Live in our Graves
Metallica - Blackened
Bob Marley - Jammin

(Ok I lied, some of these songs i loved before too)

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #30 of 33
With any new set-up, I listen to recordings I am so familiar with, that I have a personal relationship with the nuances and quirks. If the new set-up can duplicate my intimate knowledge OR adds to it (better), I know I am on the right track.

I just got a pair of AWESOME amps from TAD (Tube Audio Design) - the TAD-125 Hibachi monos. The first thing I listened is my DMM copy of Coltrane's Ballads - I heard a very low down sweep and heard fingers flickering over the keys through my speakers, and I had NEVER heard that before on the record. I have listened to that record a good 1000 times, too.

I also listen to "I am Trying to Break your Heart" by Wilco from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - there is so much detail in that mix, and I love the recording.

Typically "La Grange" from ZZ Top gets a spin - it is a great example of rock music. Something from Lateralus by Tool - the recording on that record is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back