OMG!!! A New Box In My Room!!! (teaser) 56k warning
Mar 21, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #32 of 51
Oh btw, is there another layer of foam to cover the 'phones? Otherwise, won't the phones rock against the lid of the case?

Some day I'll buy the Louis Vuitton Président Classeur briefcase and do the same
very_evil_smiley.gif
! It costs $3k though, so I'll have to be pretty rich.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Here you go: It was a gift from my girlfriend: My new RS-1 case - handmade to look old and to fit my RS-1's with headphile pads.

She didn't make the box did she? If she did I'm really impressed. That looks liek something I would love to learn how to do.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #34 of 51
Hey, that looks really good. A virtual pat on the back to your gf. I love the old-style swing-type latches.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #35 of 51
Nice box and setup, very nice.
icon10.gif

I know very little about Grados, but did you make the foam inlay or did it come with your headphones pre-cut?

The reason I ask is I have an old camera/brief case and some high quality foam I've been trying to figure out how to cut to fit my DT's and/or my other cans. Maybe even get all 3 sets in one box.

Anyone here ever 'carve' foam have any suggestions on how to execute such a manuever?

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #38 of 51
LFF, tell Heaven I officially think she's the coolness now.
icon10.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #41 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapkirk
Nice box and setup, very nice.
icon10.gif

I know very little about Grados, but did you make the foam inlay or did it come with your headphones pre-cut?

The reason I ask is I have an old camera/brief case and some high quality foam I've been trying to figure out how to cut to fit my DT's and/or my other cans. Maybe even get all 3 sets in one box.

Anyone here ever 'carve' foam have any suggestions on how to execute such a manuever?

I don't know if this works well with every type of foam but with hand shaped apolstery foam many people use an electric carving knife to slice right through it.

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You should tape/glue a slab of foam, or the eggrate style foam to the upper lid of that case, so that the RS-1's stay put in transit.

-Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkpowder
Oh btw, is there another layer of foam to cover the 'phones? Otherwise, won't the phones rock against the lid of the case?

No need to worry. The RS-1's fit really snuggly inside so they don't move around much. However, just to be safe, I have already ordered some foam to line the top the case.
icon10.gif

Like I said before, it sure beats the hell out of the pizza box.

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #43 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
She didn't make the box did she? If she did I'm really impressed. That looks liek something I would love to learn how to do.

No, she didn't make it herself, but it is handmade.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
LFF, tell Heaven I officially think she's the coolness now.
icon10.gif

I surely will. Thanks Jahn.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapkirk

Fortunately the foam for all Grado's come pre-cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back