Omega II initial impressions vs L3000 and stax sr-404
Feb 6, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
Is it bad that I ignored the girlfriend pictures in favour of more headphone pics?

I don't think so.

Feb 6, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #48 of 51
Julian, can I ask the obvious (to me), but intrusive question - how on earth can you afford all that gear when you're still at university? Does bar work pay that well in the States?
biggrin.gif

I've been working for 20 years, and if I worked for another 40 I'd still never be able to afford that gear
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #49 of 51
Well, first of all i dont have to pay bills, gas, rent or cloths or anything like that. On top of that i *use to work so all that money was money income and hardly any of it was money out go. I also use to be into paintballing with 1,000 dollar guns so i was able to sell those and over the years just had lots of money.

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #50 of 51
it was the same for me a few years back and it was great, if only i had discovered this place before i could have those omega II, but a car, lots of cd's, a month long trip to peru some makes any saved money disappear, oh and buying necklaces for my girlfirend and watches soon makes the money drain away. Infact the last necklace i bought her cost me £235, thats half K1000 or 1/10 of an entire omega II system, maybe i should dump her
evil_smiley.gif
. Well not really as much as i love headphones it wont ever come close to what i have with her.

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #51 of 51
so my computer is brokent right because there was a short here at the dorms and broke a fuse or something in the powersuplly. I am just very happy that all my headphone gear was turned off which is rare. I plan on getting some power conditioning to protect this from happaning again. I want the ps audio p300. Any way i am forced to listen to music only one way. I have to use my rio karma as source and use rca ic's to connect to the kgss or melos. I realized that the sr-404' sound VERY close the the omega's when its using the rio. The omega's still sound smoother but their just isnt that magic sparking. The sr-404s seem like they shine better just because i guess they are less picky. Needless to say i am enjoying the L3000 the most right now in this set up. They sound fantastic out of the rio karma threw the melos sha-1.

this just goes to show that the omegas are very picky and every part of your system must be involved for the omegas to keet them happy. Also the L3000 like many have said here at head-fi are very forgiving and enjoyable in almost anything thrown at them.

Just thought i would share my thoughts on my new source for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back